There are 191 users in the forums

The only pick that has had me scratching my head is Nick Moody

What do the coaches see that I'm missing. Is this just a special teams pick?
Dixons Replacment?

wwont be able to carry Dixon IMO with Lattimore on the roster. No way we can sneal Lattimore to the PS, maybe PUP list? But if he is on the active, dixon is gone.
Originally posted by NTeply49:

Special teamer....backup ILB.....what do you expect in the 6th round? Moody's fine as a pick, he's a solid tackler who played safety and linebacker in college, he could end up being a special teams stud while providing depth at ILB. I'm content with it.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Dixons Replacment?

wwont be able to carry Dixon IMO with Lattimore on the roster. No way we can sneal Lattimore to the PS, maybe PUP list? But if he is on the active, dixon is gone.

Put Lattimore on the IR.....problem solved.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Special teamer....backup ILB.....what do you expect in the 6th round? Moody's fine as a pick, he's a solid tackler who played safety and linebacker in college, he could end up being a special teams stud while providing depth at ILB. I'm content with it.

I'm just making sure I understood what was going on. There's just a lot of good players falling and we finally draft one whom I know nothing about
Moody could also be a very solid nickel linebacker down the road, given his experience at safety.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
What's wrong with Moody? Niners could use some solid depth at ILB with Gooden and Grant gone now.
Who cares? With all the picks up to this point, Baalke and Harbaugh have earned the right to make one WTF pick. Who knows, this kid may be good.
He replaces Gooden i imagine
Urlacher was a former safety converted to LB too, he had an ok career.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
6th round pick.... /Thread
Strictly Special teams for Moody if he is able to make the Roster
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

of course phoenix is spot on about this kid,, great pick
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Special teams player and back up ILB, we need one even more now that Gooden has retired and Grant is no longer with us.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/04/49ers-address-special-teams-with-linebacker-nick-moody.html

Check out this hit.

Replaces the production of Blake Costanzzo [I hope]
Share 49ersWebzone