There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we not know something about Patton?

Jesse Williams apparently has a big injury that hasn't reached the media. Russ Lande eluded to it yesterday. Is that what's happening with Patton? The players that went in front of him simply make no sense otherwise.
Patton is my favorite WR left hope we land him and Jesse Williams
This makes no sense to me...
Ditto. I figured we'd have to trade up in the 4th, but we might be able to get Patton at 128.
Patience is a virtue they may fall right into 49ers lap
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Patience is a virtue they may fall right into 49ers lap

I was wrong
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Apr 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM ]
BOOM!
Hopefully Williams now
We got a "Tank" and a Patton! Gotta love that!
I like this pick...good job!
may be some concerns about his strength, a problem which plagued aj jenkins..patton only benched 225 lbs 8 times at combine
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:

So you are saying we are going to win the war cause now we have a patton tank to roll over teams and blow them up?
I think receivers by nature are sexy picks because we see them catching balls and making plays, so they may be graded higher by fans due to name recognition. However, according to most of the publications and other other pro analysts, this class of wr rates as a C+ as a whole. Even Patterson and Hunt who were taken in the first and second are raw and need development, but when watching highlights on youtube, they look good. Problem is we don't see whatever you would call the anti highlights unless they it on espn during the draft when talking about this guy like they did on the two above.

Patton, does not have top end speed, if he did, that would push him up further. He is more quick than fast. Also his his route tree is limited. He is not strong enough to beat a physical jam, needs to rely on his quick feet to do so. His best asset is catching quick passes and making those yac.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:

So you are saying we are going to win the war cause now we have a patton tank to roll over teams and blow them up?

General Patton Driving a tank wins everytime
Originally posted by WildBill:
I think receivers by nature are sexy picks because we see them catching balls and making plays, so they may be graded higher by fans due to name recognition. However, according to most of the publications and other other pro analysts, this class of wr rates as a C+ as a whole. Even Patterson and Hunt who were taken in the first and second are raw and need development, but when watching highlights on youtube, they look good. Problem is we don't see whatever you would call the anti highlights unless they it on espn during the draft when talking about this guy like they did on the two above.

Patton, does not have top end speed, if he did, that would push him up further. He is more quick than fast. Also his his route tree is limited. He is not strong enough to beat a physical jam, needs to rely on his quick feet to do so. His best asset is catching quick passes and making those yac.
future slot receiver IMO based on that statement.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home