LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Any Percy Harvin/Tavon Austin/Randall Cobb type of guys left?

I really want us to draft a wide receiver with extreme versatility. Someone who can play wide receiver, return kicks and punts, and also someone you can give some hand offs too. Are there any receivers left that have some experience doing all three of these things?
Maybe Ace Sanders?
Originally posted by kentc1978:
Maybe Ace Sanders?

Can he line up as a running back and run between and outside of the tackles? He's hella small and timed slow so Idk
Would be great if we could find one late in the draft to develop.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Can he line up as a running back and run between and outside of the tackles? He's hella small and timed slow so Idk

Doesn't matter about his speed. He can play! Would be a real good pick at late 4 or around the 5th
  • RedAu
  • Veteran
Maybe Baalke has a small school prospect In mind.
If we can get LMJ to keep working on his hands and catching the ball maybe we can use him like a Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles and we can have more of a Bush/Sproles than a Harvin/Austin and still have that extremely explosive threat to take any play the distance just at RB. We do have very explosive WR talent if they continue to progress: Crabtree, AJ, Lockette, KW10. But LMJ is the ultimate homerun threat if we get him some room to work. With Kaep being a home run hitter and dual threat, I don't think we need to worry about being explosive. We do need to get KW some help at PR though until he is ready
Ryan Swope
Denard Robinson may fit that bill.
[ Edited by 49erMike on Apr 27, 2013 at 7:35 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erMike:
Denard Robinson may it that bill.

This

Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Ryan Swope
He had negative two yards rushing last year

He may be able to line up as a running back and run but has a lot of work to do as a wr. and who knows if he could ever return
Not sure there are many of his type of player left. Denard Robinson is probably the closest thing, but again he's a project (obviously, that label wouldn't sway us though). Personally, Kenny Stills and Josh Boyce would be my next favorite speed guys left.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM ]
Ryan Swope

He may be able to line up as a running back and run but has a lot of work to do as a wr. and who knows if he could ever return

We're talking about day 3 of the draft here right?
Ryan Swope

We're talking about day 3 of the draft here right?

Yup. Swope has no running back experience. I'm trying to see if there is a guy left that has done all three of these things before. Robinson may have potential, but like I said who knows how he'd be as a return man.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Not sure there are many of his type of player left. Denard Robinson is probably the closest thing, but again he's a project (obviously, that label wouldn't sway us though). Personally, Kenny Stills and Josh Boyce would be my next favorite speed guys left.

Boyce definitely, or a guy like TJ Moe in the 7th.
Share 49ersWebzone