There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What we've learned about last year's draft class

1. Cam Johnson and Darius Fleming will never amount to anything
2. AJ Jenkins is coming along fine
How do you know they will never amount to anything? How do you know Jenkins will?
Halcion, I think I get where he is coming from.
1. we have drafted Lemonier and Carradine = cam and darius are not getting it done
2. we have not drafted a wide receiver
Still presumptive though.
Originally posted by HALCIONDAZE:
How do you know they will never amount to anything? How do you know Jenkins will?

What positions we attacked in the first three rounds.
Oohhh yea a defense heavy class gotta luv it .. we are set up for yrs to come ...
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Our 2nd pick is a DE, so in all reality, you're really saying Ray McDonald and Justin Smith aren't getting it done. Plus Fleming is coming off an injury and Johnson was hurt most of the year. And with the lack of OLB depth we had last year, shows Baalke doesn't want to be put in that position again. To me is shows Parys Haralson is gone and we are going with a more youthful core. Plus Fleming could always kick inside and be a backup ILB.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Our 2nd pick is a DE, so in all reality, you're really saying Ray McDonald and Justin Smith aren't getting it done. Plus Fleming is coming off an injury and Johnson was hurt most of the year. And with the lack of OLB depth we had last year, shows Baalke doesn't want to be put in that position again. To me is shows Parys Haralson is gone and we are going with a more youthful core. Plus Fleming could always kick inside and be a backup ILB.

Good post. You addressed my boredom-driven hyperbole well.
Could Fleming become a ILB? ?? We don't have any ILB backups that I know of ...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Skuta. And Grant could still be retained for cheap.

Akita ain't much .. hopefully Fleming makes something happen ..I would like to see Johnson get a real shot he was a steal in tha 7th round ...
1. Fleming and Johnson still has a chance of making the roster. Lemonier is the only olb we added. I expect us to have tank play the 5 tech.
2. Maybe we have a guy on the board we really like but we don't grab him until later in the draft. But it's encouraging that we didn't draft a receiver early.
Ever heard of depth?

This, but Fleming could still play ILB. He is light for a 3-4 OLB, and ND doesn't play a 3-4, IIRC. Bowman was a 4-3 OLB who we converted to 3-4 ILB, and I would say that worked out pretty well. He probably won't ever be as good as Willis, but he could be the 2nd best ILB in football for a while.

Not saying Fliming is all of that, just that the switch is possible, and low risk. He was supposed to make his biggest impact on ST last year, before he broke.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

This, but Fleming could still play ILB. He is light for a 3-4 OLB, and ND doesn't play a 3-4, IIRC. Bowman was a 4-3 OLB who we converted to 3-4 ILB, and I would say that worked out pretty well. He probably won't ever be as good as Willis, but he could be the 2nd best ILB in football for a while.

Not saying Fliming is all of that, just that the switch is possible, and low risk. He was supposed to make his biggest impact on ST last year, before he broke.
yes they do
Fleming has a shot to replace Tavares Gooden on ST's and at ILB
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home