There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is Vic Fangio designing? Are we staying ahead of the curve?

Percy Harvin... Tavon Austin... Russell Wilson... Etc. The division has gotten faster, more offensively dynamic, and competitive this offseason. Specifically, I think we can anticipate the field to be stretched more horizontally with bubble screens, flares, end arounds, and even read option. Percy and Tavon turn screens into TDs with cut backs and vision.

It appears that Niners are addressing the ability to defend horizontally, and refocusing on taking away and narrowing running lanes. Reid was certainly a nice response to Austin and Harvin, but Lemonier, Aldon, and even Nmamdi and Culliver all bring above average length to our Fvzking Relentless Defense Powerhouse. And remember Bowman chasing down Vick in space. Willis. Anyway.. I really like the enhancement. I can't wait for Austin and Harvin to come test us. I can see so huge hits coming in the flat.

A ton of teams got better the last 2 days... How do you guys think Fangio and the Niners respond? How do you think our defense is evolving? What do we need to address tomorrow morning in rounds 4-7? (340lb+ run stuffing DT)

Go Warriors!
re harvin and austin as i recall harvin didnt hirt niners too bad when the vikes beat them in 2012---he got open a couple times when they ran him on fake end arounds then hit him in flat
Next year we will go back to CB early. We need to see more of Brown, Cully, and Cox to see where or what we need to change. Rogers, Brock, and Nnamdi aren't long term impact guys at this point.
I think Nmamdi might be longer term than Brown. Nmamdi probably has 2-3 years left in his body and will probably re-sign for cheap after this season to stay in the Bay Area on a contender.

Brown hasn't been a priority to re-sign, and he hits the market next year. That means if any other team sees him as a starter, he's GONE.
Like the way our defense is designed with long and very athletic players on all levels of the team. We just need to draft Whitner's replacement today and we will be great.
Vic said to Baalke and Harbaugh, 'You mofos want to compete for the SB every year, you give me what I want. '
I hear you...the emphasis, clearly to me, was on replacing and upgrading the S position (watch out Whitner, I still expect a Woodson signing). The other piece was depth and a clear focus on rotation/pass rush!

We have GOT to give guys such as Brooks, Aldon and Justin breathers. Remember the Pats game...followed by the mobile QB of Wilson up in Seattle, etc. We got athletes who can now rotate, rush and chase the passer and keep our defense fresh for the long haul. There is not a single need we have not addressed so far.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 27, 2013 at 7:36 AM ]
I think the guys who rotate in on passing downs will be Lemonier and Tank. Tank and Brooks will rush from DT (Brooks already did that some last year) and Lemonier will take Brooks' end spot. SPEED!!! On other passing downs, Cowboy and/or MacDonald can stay in.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Vic said to Baalke and Harbaugh, 'You mofos want to compete for the SB every year, you give me what I want. '

I can't see Lord Fangio saying "mofos." Ever.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I can't see Lord Fangio saying "mofos." Ever.

Ok. How 'bout -- 'You football geeks want to compete for the SB every year, you give me what I want. I'm gone grilling hot dogs. Come over have some after you grind out the draft.'