LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 229 users in the forums

Round 4 Wish List

Terry Hawthorne
Originally posted by blm7754:
I'd like to see us target the following guys in round 4. I expected both to be picked in round 3, but its cool that they are still available:

B.W. Webb - CB
We need a slot CB to face off against Tavon Austin and Percy Harvin. Webb is the physical tools to do so.

Da'Rick Rogers - WR
Big, fast.... I still think he's the best all-around WR in the draft. GMs are obviously more worried about his character than I thought they would be.

What is your wish list?

Update: Adding Jesse Williams and Jordan Poyer to my list of guys to target.

I say trade ups 5's and 6's for DaRick Rodgers draft him early! If Web is there with our 4th
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:
I like Poyer, has a Courtland Finnagan look about him.

Lol uwotm8. Just because they're both very light skinned blacks?

I think Lattimore is a great option for us these next few picks. We have 2 starting quality RB and 1 great change of pace (at this point as a 2nd yr player) so he won't be expected to do anything. We're deep enough that he could take the year off to recover, and wouldn't take a roster spot if he had a "season ending setback" and ended up on IR.
There are so many quality players left. Jesse Williams was in many mock first rounds. DaRick could've gone in the second at least , if he didn't mess up. The value is probably moving up, but Baalke can change lanes really fast so he may stockpile for 2014.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
There are so many quality players left. Jesse Williams was in many mock first rounds. DaRick could've gone in the second at least , if he didn't mess up. The value is probably moving up, but Baalke can change lanes really fast so he may stockpile for 2014.

we may not have many holes next year....
My biggest want right now honestly is phillip thomas. Love the kid. I onviously love him alot more than GM's though because i had him going in the mid second.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Plus we already have 500 draft picks for next year as well by the time we get comps.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
My biggest want right now honestly is phillip thomas. Love the kid. I onviously love him alot more than GM's though because i had him going in the mid second.

I keep forgetting about him. Phillip Thomas and Jesse Williams would be a damn coup.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Pretty much this right here!!!

Oh and I still hope we draft Dustin Hopkins, Phil Dawson is only a 1 or 2 year rental IMO.

There is no room on a roster this stacked for a 2nd kicker, IMO.

We are probably done trading up. I think Webb and Poyer go before us. I'd be excited if we got Hawthorne as the CB in the fourth. Dude is big, quick, and fast. Pick up Lattimore with the 4th comp (I think the ability to PUP him is an advantage, since it gives us more time to let the position shake out before we need to cut anyone), and we can get whoever is left among Quessenberry, Marquardt, Fragel, and Bakhtiari as the swing tackle in the 5th.

The way the QBs are going (with Barkley and Nassib still sitting there), we could probably snag Matt Scott in the 6th or 7th.

BPA for what's left, since a reach for need probably has no chance of winning a spot. Maybe take Okoye with a 7th comp to make sure that we don't need to bid for him in the UDFA market. I think Tomsula could coach him up (NFL Europe wans't a year-round deal, so the man can work fast).

Plus we already have 500 draft picks for next year as well by the time we get comps.

Not sure we get any comps. We signed several FA.

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Pretty much this right here!!!

Oh and I still hope we draft Dustin Hopkins, Phil Dawson is only a 1 or 2 year rental IMO.

There is no room on a roster this stacked for a 2nd kicker, IMO.

We are probably done trading up. I think Webb and Poyer go before us. I'd be excited if we got Hawthorne as the CB in the fourth. Dude is big, quick, and fast. Pick up Lattimore with the 4th comp (I think the ability to PUP him is an advantage, since it gives us more time to let the position shake out before we need to cut anyone), and we can get whoever is left among Quessenberry, Marquardt, Fragel, and Bakhtiari as the swing tackle in the 5th.

The way the QBs are going (with Barkley and Nassib still sitting there), we could probably snag Matt Scott in the 6th or 7th.

BPA for what's left, since a reach for need probably has no chance of winning a spot. Maybe take Okoye with a 7th comp to make sure that we don't need to bid for him in the UDFA market. I think Tomsula could coach him up (NFL Europe wans't a year-round deal, so the man can work fast).

I'm fine being done trading up and letting the board come to us. But there are three players out there who should not be on the board and a head and shoulders above their positional peers: Jesse Williams, Quinton Patton, and Da'Rick Rogers. I could see trading up for one of those three.

I'm not sure how comps work but I've seen it written in the beat blogs that we should get a high one for Goldson. Is it just based on snaps played? Contract size? Accolades like PB?

Our only FA who projects to play a lot of snaps IMO are Dorsey and Nmamdi. Remember Boldin was a trade. Goldson, Sopoaga, Delanie, and RJF are going to be big-time starters.
1.) Jesse Williams, NT
2.) Quinton Patton, WR
3.) B.W. Webb, CB
4.) Da'Rick Rogers, WR
5.) David Quessenberry, OL
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

I'm not sure how comps work but I've seen it written in the beat blogs that we should get a high one for Goldson. Is it just based on snaps played? Contract size? Accolades like PB?

Our only FA who projects to play a lot of snaps IMO are Dorsey and Nmamdi. Remember Boldin was a trade. Goldson, Sopoaga, Delanie, and RJF are going to be big-time starters.

Im not sure how it works either, but i dont think signing vets like we did effects comp picks. All i know is that it has been widely speculated we will get a third for Goldson. We could end with 4 thirds next season.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Im not sure how it works either, but i dont think signing vets like we did effects comp picks. All i know is that it has been widely speculated we will get a third for Goldson. We could end with 4 thirds next season.

Dorsey will likely be the only guy that counts toward our addition/subtraction (nnamdi was cut and doesnt count). Due to his playing time. We should likely net a 3rd for Golson. Walker we are looking at ATLEAST a 4th assuming he'll be starting and producing. So in reality Dorsey will at worst cancel out Soap or RJF
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 27, 2013 at 2:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone