Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State
David Quessenberry OT San Jose State
Brian Schwenke C California
Shamarko Thomas SS Syracuse
Chris Harper WR Kansas State
Kevin Reddick ILB North Carolina
Mike Gillislee RB Florida

Quessenberryis yet another great option. Round 4 is going to be full of guys I thought would go in round 3. Good s**t
CB Webb or S Josh Evans
Some of these guys might be later than 4th but here are some of the best available. Not saying all are fits for us or positions we will take. We draft with the 31st and 34th pick in the 4th so we would have to move up for some. If you wanted my favorite of the group it's Quinton Patton.

Jesse Williams
Quinton Patton
Phillip Thomas
David Bakhtiari
Brian Schwenke
Da'Rick Rogers
Barrett Jones
David Quessenberry
Bacarri Rambo
Shamarko Thomas
William Gholston
Jordan Poyer
Josh Evans
Dion Sims
Marcus Lattimore
Kenny Stills
Ace Sanders
Sanders Commings
Ryan Swope
Akeem Spence
B.W. Webb
Vinston Painter
Duke Williams
Joe Kruger
Quanterus Smith
Alex Okafor
Brandon Jenkins
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 26, 2013 at 9:42 PM ]
I think either B.W. Webb or Jordan Poyer would be an excellent target as both are experienced as a slot receiver cover and as a punt returner. Webb is faster than Poyer. Would probably need to move up near the start of Round 4 to get either one.
Ace Sanders is another possibility as a punt returner, He is a WR so won't help you with Harvin or Austin but could still be around in the latter part of the round.
[ Edited by ColdFan on Apr 26, 2013 at 9:24 PM ]
Ryan Swope

/thread
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ColdFan:
I think either B.W. Webb or Jordan Poyer would be an excellent target as both are experienced as a slot receiver cover and as a punt returner. Webb is faster than Poyer. Would probably need to move up near the start of Round 4 to get either one.
Ace Sanders is another possibility as a punt returner, He is a WR so won't help you with Harvin or Austin but could still be around in the latter part of the round.

I like Poyer, has a Courtland Finnagan look about him.
Is Alex okafor still out there? Wasn't he a projected late 1st? Also, not projected 1st but Brandon Jenkins is out there too according to nfl.com tracker.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 26, 2013 at 9:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Is Alex okafor still out there? Wasn't he a projected late 1st? Also, not projected 1st but Brandon Jenkins is out there too according to nfl.com tracker.

Yes, Okafor is out there...but where do you play him? I don't see the 49ers drafting any more OLB's, it would just be redundant to do so. The same applies to Jenkins.

I'm looking at NT/DT, WR and CB in the 4th round and thinking they'll add at least one player from one of those positions.

Ideally I'd love to see them get an additional pick in the 4th, acquire someone like Rogers or Patton who can develop into a starting WR in case Crabtree walks in a couple of years, add more depth to the D-line with Jesse Williams or Montori Hughes, and then take Lattimore or a CB with the comp pick.
CB - Webb, Patton
OT - Fragel, Bakhtiari, Quessenberry, Marquardt
WR - Rogers, Patton, Goard, Mallette
S - Evans, Wolff, Thomas
DT - Williams, Hughes

and Lawrence Okoye
Ideally I'd love to see them get an additional pick in the 4th, acquire someone like Rogers or Patton who can develop into a starting WR in case Crabtree walks in a couple of years, add more depth to the D-line with Jesse Williams or Montori Hughes, and then take Lattimore or a CB with the comp pick.
This

Wouldn't mind seeing bacarri Rambo , Thomas or schwencke either

Lots of good players still available but I would really love to draft BW Webb. I hope we end up getting him.

Wouldn't mind grabbing Tavarras King as well.

EDIT: Woah Quinton Patton is still on the board! Would love to get him as well but doubt we can grab both him and Webb. But if we can figure out how to do that then
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Apr 26, 2013 at 10:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yes, Okafor is out there...but where do you play him? I don't see the 49ers drafting any more OLB's, it would just be redundant to do so. The same applies to Jenkins.

I'm looking at NT/DT, WR and CB in the 4th round and thinking they'll add at least one player from one of those positions.

Wasn't suggesting we get him was just asking because he was once a projected end of the 1st guy. Wondering what happened?

Yeah, we can still go SS, NT, CB, WR, 3rd Tackle. I don't know why our guy Patton is still out there either.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Wasn't suggesting we get him was just asking because he was once a projected end of the 1st guy. Wondering what happened?

Yeah, we can still go SS, NT, CB, WR, 3rd Tackle. I don't know why our guy Patton is still out there either.

I just don't want to see Patton end up in Seattle. Would love to have him or Rogers on the 49ers and be able to develop to eventually replace Boldin or Crabtree.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I hope we go NT in the 4th, or should I say at all cost get Jesse Williams.
SS Duke Williams
CB Jordan Poyer
WR Da'Rick Rogers
CB B.W Webb
WR Marcus Davis
WR Quinton Patton
RB Marcus Lattimore
FS Rambo

All guys I've had on my list. But I want a corner with the next pick. Preferably Poyer, the guy is free falling and would be a steal at this point to me
Share 49ersWebzone