There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why has Jesse Williams not been drafted?

• rtj03
  • Veteran
So many people had us taking him in the 1. What happened to him
I think he may be perceived as a jack of all trades, master of none.
Call and ask him. It's not like he has anything better to do right now.
Might be a medical issue we dont know about. Happens ever year where someone slides really bad and then later you find out he has something wrong with him.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Might be a medical issue we dont know about. Happens ever year where someone slides really bad and then later you find out he has something wrong with him.

This is almost certainly the case. Seriously doubt it has anything to do with a lack of talent or ability.
I've been saying all along that he wouldn't be picked nearly that high. I didn't think he'd slide to the 4th round though.

Jesse isn't much of a pass rusher. He struggles to shed blockers. In a pass first league, D linemen need to be able to pass rush. That's why he's falling.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Not just Milliner. Teams have investigated Chance Warmack's rt shoulder, DJ Fluker's left shoulder, Eddie Lacy's toe, Jesse Williams' knee.

Look how easily hes on his knees. Tennesse gave up the 6th fewest sacks and 9th in pressures so they're pretty legit. I don't think Williams would've replicated his college form against NFL Olines.
lol to all you guys who wanted this guy at 31, 34
Originally posted by Jcool:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Not just Milliner. Teams have investigated Chance Warmack's rt shoulder, DJ Fluker's left shoulder, Eddie Lacy's toe, Jesse Williams' knee.

Also just read on a draft profile (sorry can't remember which one) that he also has concussion and shoulder problems... plus of course he's "raw" cos he's not born in the US

Personally I don't think he would've interviewed that well - the guy does come off as a bit weird

As for us he seems more a Sopoaga type; I think we're going for more athletic interior DLine

[ Edited by Milkman on Apr 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
It's that stupid yolo tattoo
To much Yolo.
I was never high on Williams to begin with, but I definitely expected him to be selected before the 4th round. Clearly though, teams were not very high on the beefy NT type DTs in this draft. John Jenkins and Brandon Williams both lasted fairly late into the 3rd round. I personally had those guys, as well as Hankins, as better players than WIlliams, though I think Williams will be a fine player. Of the above mentioned though, Williams does offer the least upside as a pass rusher (he might be more accomplished than Jenkins at this point) and I think that caused him to have a lower grade than many of us on the outside expected. I also read on Walter Football (so take this with a grain of salt, and unfortunately I have no link) that some scouts were rumored to be worried about his body type (skinny legs) and lack of lower body strength. I think the limited upside as a pass rusher, potential concern about lower body strength to anchor in the run game, and apparent injury concerns are causing him to fall, probably farther than he should.
Originally posted by teeohh:
It's that stupid yolo tattoo

he will go in rd 4 though IMO
Because he looks like a douche and has the worst tattoos ever! I still wouldn't take that back if we draft him on day 3