There are 208 users in the forums

keenan allen at 34

i know people put the sb loss and the defense , but honestly adding keenan would add another weapon to a offense he is a top 10 talent who is slipping down because of his recent injury
wrong forum $ no
  • Garce
  • Veteran
no
smokes way too much weed and is injury prone, no thanks
Don't see it happening. I would be shocked
  • krizay
  • Veteran
im on your side

add to it only 2 WR's signed after this year and it's a no brainer. The DL isn't as bad as most think. Where as the WR position is worse off than most think. No Manningham til mid season. Kyle Williams is kyle Williams. If Boldin or Crabs get hurt. We'd be in trouble
As much as I would LOVE Keenan Allen to be drafted, even in some ways over Zack Ertz, I don't see this happening. This will almost certainly be a D-Lineman or Zack Ertz. But to piggy back on your idea...

Crabtree - Contract Year
Boldin - 33 in October
KWilliams - Returning from injury and contract year... i think?
Manningham - Returning fom injury and last year of contract.

AJ Jenkins would be our only WR left and I haven't given up on his potential as many others have but even then it's scary to think he's our only WR after this season along with a 34 year old Boldin.
that is why keenan is a still because out the 5 only 2 are proven and for the people who thought moss was the answer look at the effort on the interception play in the sb , we can be a dominate offense so adding another play maker makes it more of a need and the bpa
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I would cream my pants if we got Allen at 34.

Fully on board with this. I would love the pick
Not a top 10 talent without the injury. I think he's similar to DeAndre Hopkins - maybe slightly more athletic (not sure how much his injury affected him, but by no means is Allen a top level athlete), but doesn't have quite as good of hands and they're pretty much the same size (Allen is 6'2 206 and Hopkins is 6'1 214 with longer arms). I would take Hunter way before Allen, but I think we have a bigger need at DL and can address WR next year.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Not a top 10 talent without the injury. I think he's similar to DeAndre Hopkins - maybe slightly more athletic (not sure how much his injury affected him, but by no means is Allen a top level athlete), but doesn't have quite as good of hands and they're pretty much the same size (Allen is 6'2 206 and Hopkins is 6'1 214 with longer arms). I would take Hunter way before Allen, but I think we have a bigger need at DL and can address WR next year.

U watch any Cal games in the eastcoast?
I think we can do much better.

At 34 - Tank or trade down and pick up an extra pick next year plus not losing this years's pick

Flip w/Jets - they get their QB [Geno] and we get their 2nd this year and next year.
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:
U watch any Cal games in the eastcoast?

I saw a couple and think Allen and Hopkins were probably the 2 best receivers in college, but I don't think either has the upside to deserve a top 10 pick. I don't think Austin deserved a top 10 pick either, but he's more than just a receiver and this was a weak draft. Allen will be a solid player in the NFL, but I would rather take a chance on a guy with upside like Hunter when we don't have a real need at WR right now. I'd also rather take a defensive player who will be on the field than a WR who will sit for a year behind Boldin and Crabtree - we can get a receiver next year.
Share 49ersWebzone