There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2nd day = 49er TRADES

I think that Trent Baalke will be busy today , he has a great opportunity to accomplish two objectives today:

• The first is to add a high pick in the 2014 Draft , look for the Niners to pick up a 1st or 2nd round pick in next years draft. There has been a lot made about Baalke looking to keep the team stocked with picks for upcoming drafts so he has leverage to replace great players who we just can't afford like Dashon Goldston.He gets it done trading a second or third round pick this year to get it done.

• Baalke will consolidate multiple picks in 4, 5 , 6 round to get one or two additional players in round 2 and 3 . The Niners need 4-5 impact players in this draft and there is an abundance of talent in rounds 2 and 3 that can make the Niners Roster . We pick up help at DL, WR, TE, CB , and maybe a Honey badger to cover a new slot receiver in St. Louis.

Go Niners !!!!!
4-5 Imapct Players is a lot.

We have picked up one so far.

I agree Baalke will look to get future picks and I'm really hoping for DL.

It's always interesting when Baalke/JH pick who most people don't.

About 3:35-40 we'll have a better idea.
Originally posted by Paulhofer:
I think that Trent Baalke will be busy today , he has a great opportunity to accomplish two objectives today:

• The first is to add a high pick in the 2014 Draft , look for the Niners to pick up a 1st or 2nd round pick in next years draft. There has been a lot made about Baalke looking to keep the team stocked with picks for upcoming drafts so he has leverage to replace great players who we just can't afford like Dashon Goldston.He gets it done trading a second or third round pick this year to get it done.

• Baalke will consolidate multiple picks in 4, 5 , 6 round to get one or two additional players in round 2 and 3 . The Niners need 4-5 impact players in this draft and there is an abundance of talent in rounds 2 and 3 that can make the Niners Roster . We pick up help at DL, WR, TE, CB , and maybe a Honey badger to cover a new slot receiver in St. Louis.

Go Niners !!!!!

Pretty much sums up how I feel about today in the draft.
Originally posted by iowa49er_75:
Originally posted by Paulhofer:

Go Niners !!!!!

Pretty much sums up how I feel about today in the draft.
Me too
I don't know how exactly, but I think the 9ers are capable of ending today with potential future starters at DL, WR, CB and TE. And possibly even OLB as well if they really do well trading back up into today's rounds.

I would LOVE to see us come away with:

Keenan Allen
Jesse Williams
Tyrian Mattieu
Zak Ertz
so you think we can get a future 1st or 2nd and STILL come away with 4-5 impact players? only way we get a future 1st or 2nd is to trade the #34. and if we get that 1st we wont get a 2nd back this year. best we could hope for there is a trade down 10 or so spots and pick up a 2nd next year. but i think i'd rather either get 2 2nds this year or a 2nd and 3rd this year.

Like we say about the Pats. eventually you have to cash in on your picks. We already have a extra picks next year. plus some decent comps coming next year. we could be in the same boat where we have alot of picks and not alot of spots. So why not grab the players now.
I'd be fine trading all of our 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks for more in the 3rd, 4th, and next year.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I want us to use today's picks to select players. I want us to trade back into the 3rd.

I like

2a. Zack Ertz

2b. Jamie Collins

3a. Brandon Williams.

3b. Bernie Logan
Originally posted by krizay:
so you think we can get a future 1st or 2nd and STILL come away with 4-5 impact players? only way we get a future 1st or 2nd is to trade the #34. and if we get that 1st we wont get a 2nd back this year. best we could hope for there is a trade down 10 or so spots and pick up a 2nd next year. but i think i'd rather either get 2 2nds this year or a 2nd and 3rd this year.

Like we say about the Pats. eventually you have to cash in on your picks. We already have a extra picks next year. plus some decent comps coming next year. we could be in the same boat where we have alot of picks and not alot of spots. So why not grab the players now.

This.

Niners have to look at what's available at their spot, before blindly looking to the following year. As it is the Niners have 10+ picks next year, I understand.
I hate trading for future picks...until next year when I am so glad they were farsighted!
Niners must not have liked Justin Hunter that much. So many positions the Niners could be targeting, from CB to LB to DL to WR to OT. I think we are looking for a DL or CB at our next pick.
At least three good players at each DL and CB...sounds good OTC.
so it wasn't a 1 or 2 for 2014 it is a 3rd for next year .

We currently sit with two picks in the 2nd , one pick in the 3rd and two in the 4th ( only one that can be traded ) and one 5th rounder .

I think Trent gives up a 3rd and 5th to get an additional 2nd giving us three 2nd rounders.

This ends up giving us those 4 impact players with a couple of shots in the comp. picks and late rounders .

Still have a Honey Badger hunch .
2 ot of 5 Impact player - Keep the ball rolling.