LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

We will take another safety

Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Can anybody tell me how the chiefs had the first pick in the first round.. and the 2nd pick in the 2nd round (ours).

#1 and #2 flip picks in the 2nd round.
Cyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyprien
A low pick, perhaps.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
A low pick, perhaps.
agree. i am pretty sure we do not sign charles and if we get another safety tomorrow, that is that in regards to woodson.
Originally posted by English:
A low pick, perhaps.

I'd up the ante ..... I think in the next 3 or 4 picks. I still think 4 of 5 first picks are on D.
Originally posted by Nuns:
I'm betting the guy from Nevada late rounds

That's who I got in my mock in the 3rd. rd..Duke Williams
If its 4th and later
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I believe they'll go Duke Williams, Robert Lester or Josh Evans some point in the mid round.
Josh Evans Florida
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Originally posted by Nuns:
I'm betting the guy from Nevada late rounds

That's who I got in my mock in the 3rd. rd..Duke Williams

Same here! Good leadership qualities and talent. The niners have said they want their safeties to be interchangeable and Reid/Williams might be a good match. Both are physical but fast enough to play down-field.

Originally posted by iLL49er:
I have a feeling we will take a 2nd safety b4 this draft is over....whitner is done after this year and this is a deep draft of talented safeties so it makes sense for us to load up for our future at safety for the next few yrs right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if we took Dj Swearinger or someone else in the 2nd or 3rd rd here today

I would beat my dick raw if we got Swearinger.
Originally posted by communist:

I would take him at 34, Wittner replacement a year early!
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Reid and Cyprien would make for a unique duo in the future. They have basically the same build and similar athleticism so the interchangeable safety thing would definitely apply. It's not going to happen but I'd be happy if it did. I think there will be a safety in the sixth or seventh round to compete with guys like Trenton Robinson for the last safety spot.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by communist:

I would take him at 34, Wittner replacement a year early!

I would be surprised but not upset. Seem to be quite a few good safeties for later rounds but getting two top guys? I could live with that. DL is also deep so it wouldn't kill them to wait for a DT.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I would be surprised but not upset. Seem to be quite a few good safeties for later rounds but getting two top guys? I could live with that. DL is also deep so it wouldn't kill them to wait for a DT.
This, especially at NT. Contrary to that, it's the first draft for years with a relatively good/deep Safety-class. Who knows when this occassion will appear again...
Double-dip? Why not!!!
[ Edited by communist on Apr 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone