There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is unusual with the Reid selection.................

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
If Josh Evans is really available at 131, I'd be for taking him too...

I'm down with this, I like Evans a lot, think he's very underrated.
I had Reid as the pick in an earlier mock, but psyched myself out due to supposed trouble in deep coverage and changed it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PICK!!!!!

I laugh my ass off when people say he would've been available at the 31st pick!! ........
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I'm not against that. Maybe Reid would play his rookie year at free safety, then slide over to strong safety after Whitner leaves next year, allowing Evans to slide in there.
A lot of options for S... Right now we have:

Reid, Whitner, Spillman, Robinson, Dahl, McBath, Michael Thomas

Then if you double up on FS as an insurance policy for Reid that doesn't leave us any room if we want to get our future starting SS this year.

Probably would have to be one or the other and even then they would have to battle McBath (maybe even Thomas) for a roster spot. That's if we keep 6... not sure we can afford that many with us likely going with 6 CBs.
This is text book Baalke. He has zero risk tolerance with the #1 pick. I fully expect some pyro-technics over the remaining rounds though.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I think they would too, that would be one helluva draft!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I laugh my ass off when people say he would've been available at the 31st pick!! ........

Bottom line, the Niners gave up only a mid third round pick and got an elite prospect at a position of need. The Cowboys then take the pick and reach for a guy who had a 3rd round grade at best. Absolute robbery again by Baalke.

Didn't really look but who were the other possible options to take him? Dallas was one that needs a FS and they passed (although dont put much stock in that circus). Not asking because I question the pick (I like it, we filled our biggest need) just curious.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 26, 2013 at 12:49 AM ]
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Bottom line, the Niners gave up only a mid third round pick and got an elite prospect at a position of need. The Cowboys then take the pick and reach for a guy who had a 3rd round grade at best. Absolute robbery again by Baalke.

What were they smoking on in the Cowboys war-room. Trade down....to select Frederick in the late 1st? Really? They could have traded down once more and still gotten him.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I'm not against that. Maybe Reid would play his rookie year at free safety, then slide over to strong safety after Whitner leaves next year, allowing Evans to slide in there.

Right. I think they could be an amazing combination.
The Cowboys' pick makes zero sense.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Dude when I looked at my phone and saw that the 9ers traded up that far I was crying, I thought the 9ers loss both 2nd round picks......Yes absolutely robbery, how the heck does Baalke do it!!!

(On a side note and I hope I don't derail this thread, but I think the Bears majorly reached haha!!!)
Dude when I looked at my phone and saw that the 9ers traded up that far I was crying, I thought the 9ers loss both 2nd round picks......Yes absolutely robbery, how the heck does Baalke do it!!!

(On a side note and I hope I don't derail this thread, but I think the Bears majorly reached haha!!!)

The two biggest reaches were OGs. After two OGs went in the top 10. Interesting development. It sure feels good having the best OL in the league.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Didn't really look but who were the other possible options to take him? Dallas was one that needs a FS and they passed (although dont put much stock in that circus). Not asking because I question the pick (I like it, we filled our biggest need) just curious.

Giants
Bengals
Rams
And Falcons could've been the Dark-horse