LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 185 users in the forums

What is unusual with the Reid selection.................

Is that a lot of people saw it coming. I had Reid as the top pick in my mock draft as did many others. This is the first time I can remember where most people were like "oh...okay, Reid." I did not see Jenkins coming whatsoever last year and had Aldon as a possible prospect 2 years ago but not necessarily the favorite. I felt like Reid was the guy from the get-go and I hope that the front office and coaching staff being completely sold on this guy means the 49ers just got a damn good future NFL player. I think he's certainly got the talent and the potential, but needs to be coached up......which isn't unusual coming from LSU, for a major program, there guys generally need a lot of coaching up, kind of like with RJF when he first joined the 49ers.....and they are saying the same things about Bennie Logan as well.
Woodson would be a nice tutor
As a fan I am very glad the 49ers got their man. You know that Harbaugh and Baalke and the rest of them came away from today high-fiving, which isn't something every team can say.

Step 1, accomplished.
therefore because of today's lack of surprise tomorrow will be more unpredictable than imaginable. But seriously it was a bit odd. I believe fans have caught on to the strategies implemented by the front office
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
therefore because of today's lack of surprise tomorrow will be more unpredictable than imaginable. But seriously it was a bit odd. I believe fans have caught on to the strategies implemented by the front office
lol yeah it's called watch the tape like Trent and break down every single movement of the kid. lol really I think we all just new we need a safety and trent new it to keep the defense at an elite level and we all just watched all the safetys we could.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
lol yeah it's called watch the tape like Trent and break down every single movement of the kid. lol really I think we all just new we need a safety and trent new it to keep the defense at an elite level and we all just watched all the safetys we could.

And of course there were rumors all over the internet that the 49ers really really REALLY liked this Reid kid out of LSU....that didn't hurt. :P But realistically, he's got all the tools, elite athletic ability, good character guy, intelligent, there's a lot to like there.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

ftw
Baalke aptly called Reid a "prototype safety," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh unleashed a jam-packed scouting report."He has great contact courage," Harbaugh said. "He likes to get from Point A to Point B and go hit somebody. He's an effective tackler, does it extremely well. He can be a range safety, cover ground. Long arms, big wing span."
Baalke aptly called Reid a "prototype safety," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh unleashed a jam-packed scouting report."He has great contact courage," Harbaugh said. "He likes to get from Point A to Point B and go hit somebody. He's an effective tackler, does it extremely well. He can be a range safety, cover ground. Long arms, big wing span."

He can flat out fly too, tremendous vertical, outstanding broad jump, he's going to win his share of contested passes.

I actually believe them when they say Reid was the #1 safety on their board. He seems like a different type of player than Vaccaro, and there's certainly a lot to like.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He can flat out fly too, tremendous vertical, outstanding broad jump, he's going to win his share of contested passes.

I'm disappointed in myself for jumping off the bandwagon because it seemed to obvious in February and March.
I just seems like FS was such a glaring need that it was either Reid or Cyprien the whole time (never pictured us trading up for Vaccaro). Either that or take someone like Rambo, Thomas, Evans, etc in the 3rd or 4th, sign Woodson after the draft who would be replaced next year by the player we took. The rumors to day had us thrown for a bit with Sheldon or Star and I think those might have been true the Jets maybe wanted more than we would give them. Seemed like an outside shot CB, WR, TE would be taken at 31. Only thing that doubted me on Cyprien or Reid at 31 would be DE. Seemed like some of us let ourselves get talked out of a likely pick due to all the rumors flying and trying to think like Baalke. Side note in our draft competition where everyone picked 20 players we could end up taking 17 of 31 participants had Eric Reid on their list.
If Josh Evans is really available at 131, I'd be for taking him too...
Luv tha pick had us taken him in second round of my mock draft.. he's my favorite S very happy to have him...
Share 49ersWebzone