LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Why the huge drop for Shariff Floyd?

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Dude was projected by most to go 3 to Oakland.
AIDS
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
AIDS

makes sense.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Overkill:

lulz. i get the small arms thing but thats not anything new.
Maybe it was all hype and little substance? I wonder how many NFL scouts were surprised.
During the combine, he told coaches that he hardly watched football as a kid, and it's not even his favorite sport.
Short arms... small trunk.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
cuz he's a mooslim and he fasts during the season.
i never had him ranked that high to begin with.

Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
During the combine, he told coaches that he hardly watched football as a kid, and it's not even his favorite sport.

Because of this, teams questioned his dedication to being a professional. Shades of JaMarcus Russell.
  • darum
  • Veteran
Two separate NFL scouts say Florida DT Sharrif Floyd is overrated, with one going so far as to call Floyd a media creation.
It's worth noting Floyd had only 4.5 sacks in three college seasons. He's been touted hard by Greg Cosell, Mike Mayock, and Daniel Jeremiah, among others. "Those idiots on TV made Floyd," said one scout. "He's not that good. He's not better than Ziggy Hood." Asked if the Warren Sapp comparisons are valid, another scout replied "No. There's none of that. (Sapp) was just was more gifted than Floyd. Floyd is a good effort player. He's got shorter arms than (Sheldon) Richardson, and I think it shows. He gets kind of Velcroed on blockers." Apr. 22 - 1:21 am et
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame

Because of this, teams questioned his dedication to being a professional. Shades of JaMarcus Russell.

the combine was in Feb. Most draft pundits had in the top 3 all the way til today. what changed?
Originally posted by Amir:

the combine was in Feb. Most draft pundits had in the top 3 all the way til today. what changed?

Obviously draft pundits don't always know what they are talking about.
Pundits had a completely inaccurate opinion compared to actual scouts' evaluation.
Share 49ersWebzone