This will not be as detailed. Several of the players remain from my initial mock, as I am opting to stick with some of those predictions. See that thread for detailed descriptions of those players: www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/172151-ontheclocks-mock-premiere-23-13/
Initial thoughts: I believe the Niners pick will come down to three players if they trade up: DL Sheldon Richardson, Tank Carradine, or Datone Jones. I personally want any BUT Carradine, however.. I have great concern he may be the target.
Assumption: 49ers trade up in the 1st using their just 1st and early 2nd round pick to move up.
1. Cornelius Carradine-DE-Florida State, 6-4 276 4.90
2. John Jenkins-NT-Georgia, 6-4 346 5.23
3. Quinton Patton-WR-Louisiana Tech, 6-0 208 4.48
3. David Quessenberry-OT-San Jose State, 6-5 302 5.06
4. Josh Evans-FS-Florida, 6-1 207 4.54
4. Gerald Hodges-LB-Penn State, 6-1 243 4.78
5. Jeff Baca-OL-UCLA, 6-3 302 4.98
6. Terry Hawthorne-CB-Illinois, 6-0 195 4.31
7. Reggie Dunn-WR-Utah, 5-9 178 4.26
7. Matt Furstenberg-TE-Maryland, 6-4 242 4.62
7. Rashaan Melvin-CB-Northern Illinois, 6-2 192 4.44
Now, I honestly hope I'm wrong. I would like some of these players, but it would really hamper my excitement if we drafted Carradine. I trust my eyes and my gut, and I just don't think he's going to be good. We'll see though, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us do something like this.