There are 248 users in the forums

NFLDraftCountdown.com Final Mock Draft

They just released it this morning. Here are the niner's picks:

1 - Jonathan Cyperian SS/FS
2a - Margus Hunt DE
2b - John Jenkins NT
3a - Keenan Allen WR
3b - Barret Jones C

I don't know about you guys, but this seems just about ideal to me. My only tweak would be drafting Datone Jones over Hunt in the 2nd (they have Jones drafted a few picks after Hunt).
WOW. Allen in the third? Has he really dropped that far? That would be insane. Draft a swing tackle, and grab a mess of CBs to see who's worth keeping, then draft for general depth at BPA. This would be alright.

Edit: I forgot TE. Kelce, MacDonald, and Escobar are probably all gone by here, so we get the flavor we prefer b/w Gragg, Reed, Toilolo, etc somewhere later.
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Apr 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM ]
He has us taking Jones with Kelce still on the board, which I would hope doesn't happen. Cyprien, Hunt, Jenkins, Allen, Kelce would be a very logical, needs-filling draft. Nothing flashy, but effective.
Allen goes in the late first or 2nd. No way he lasts to the third unless he gets injured today
Any 34 defense team that drafts Hunt is going to live to regret it. He is strictly a 43 DE. I really hope the team does not look his way.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
He has us taking Jones with Kelce still on the board, which I would hope doesn't happen. Cyprien, Hunt, Jenkins, Allen, Kelce would be a very logical, needs-filling draft. Nothing flashy, but effective.

As I think more and more about it, I think the need for a back-up tight end is a bit overblown. Our offense has proven time and time again that they adapt to the roster. Especially with Kaepernick in there, I can see us adapting to Delanie's loss by just running more 3 WR sets. Especially with Crabtree & Boldin in there who are both great blockers. Personally I'm not sold on Looney or Kilgore, so I think getting a long-term replacement at Center is still a priority. B Jones is the best in the draft, so I wouldn't be upset if we went that route.

I do agree with MadDog though, that Hunt is a poor fit for us. He's probably a better fit as a 34 OLB than a 34 DE, but even that feels like putting a square peg in a round hole.
i want hunt BAD
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Any 34 defense team that drafts Hunt is going to live to regret it. He is strictly a 43 DE. I really hope the team does not look his way.

to be honest, many of us said the same thing about Ryan Kerrigan too

but I agree with you that I wouldn't want him on this team
[ Edited by vrabbit on Apr 25, 2013 at 9:15 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd cream my pants if it went down like that.
Originally posted by Bimbo_Coles:
They just released it this morning. Here are the niner's picks:

1 - Jonathan Cyperian SS/FS
2a - Margus Hunt DE
2b - John Jenkins NT
3a - Keenan Allen WR
3b - Barret Jones C

I don't know about you guys, but this seems just about ideal to me. My only tweak would be drafting Datone Jones over Hunt in the 2nd (they have Jones drafted a few picks after Hunt).

Make it Jones instead of Hunt and Kelce instead of Barret Jones and this would be one great draft.

What makes you so sure of this maddog? I'm not real high on drafting Hunt but to speak in absolutes about any of these prospects is pointless IMO. Way too many variables with all of the prospects. Nobody is guaranteed one way or the other. Just curious what it is about him that makes you so sure. If anything I think he's more suited to play in a 3-4. He has the frame and strength to hold up at the point of attack. Don't really see him as 4-3 edge rusher but I'm no expert.
Originally posted by NinerG94:

What makes you so sure of this maddog? I'm not real high on drafting Hunt but to speak in absolutes about any of these prospects is pointless IMO. Way too many variables with all of the prospects. Nobody is guaranteed one way or the other. Just curious what it is about him that makes you so sure. If anything I think he's more suited to play in a 3-4. He has the frame and strength to hold up at the point of attack. Don't really see him as 4-3 edge rusher but I'm no expert.

Dont worry about it. MD isnt either nor is anyone in here. Just a lot of guys with opinions. The main thing that bothers me about Hunt is his age. If he was 22 years old with that frame I would have no problem drafting him at all.
Share 49ersWebzone