There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sanders Commings

I give him a 2nd rnd grade. I think he's a lot more coveted than teams are letting on..
Seems like a very good prospect who is moving up boards.
Size and athleticism are intriguing. Why do you give him a 2nd round grade?
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Size and athleticism are intriguing. Why do you give him a 2nd round
Versatility (I think he'd be our FS, but, Fangio would use him in every way imaginable), speed, size/ length and potential are through the roof! Plus there's a unique aspect of skills, that, comes with being drafted as an outfielder; as for it being more advantageous to play him at FS. Plus his demeanor is one, such that at least for the 49ers they might look at, and think that they can channel that wild, and untamed aggression in his bad behavior, into a ferocious NFC WEST KILLER!
Furthermore if they decide later that they like his talent, but for SS or CB they can mold him into one of the top dawgs at those positions too.. Love this guy!
I like this guy too. Could be a big press-corner or a safety.

Per Rotoworld:

Although he's a cornerback, Commings may be a fit at safety as he has similarities to San Francisco 49ers safety Dashon Goldson. He has received interest from the New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints and Carolina Panthers.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM ]
I like this guy as he has all the makings of a starting FS (similar to why I like Johnthan Banks at FS). Much better coverage skills than the more hyped Elam/Cyprien. I love him as a late 2nd round guy, but something about him scares me that Baalke might pull a 2012 and write his name on a card the night before and just draft him in the 1st.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I like this guy too. Could be a big press-corner or a safety.

Per Rotoworld:

Although he's a cornerback, Commings may be a fit at safety as he has similarities to San Francisco 49ers safety Dashon Goldson. He has received interest from the New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints and Carolina Panthers.

I'm glad you found that, because people need to remember the quality of player were replacing. Goldson ran a slow 40, but still is physical and lengthy enough to play corner imo. In our system that's what you need a guy with the size and tenacity of a safety but the speed/lateral agility and reaction skills to do it all!
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I like this guy as he has all the makings of a starting FS (similar to why I like Johnthan Banks at FS). Much better coverage skills than the more hyped Elam/Cyprien. I love him as a late 2nd round guy, but something about him scares me that Baalke might pull a 2012 and write his name on a card the night before and just draft him in the 1st.
Lol my thoughts exactly, although it'd be like last year where a multitude of unexpected guys got picked before us. In the 1st round I've noticed Baalke drafts for need. Last year he was stuck at picking a we and wasn't sold on the GaTech guy, so he took the smart guy with good measurable and statistical output.
Originally posted by bdub2588:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I like this guy as he has all the makings of a starting FS (similar to why I like Johnthan Banks at FS). Much better coverage skills than the more hyped Elam/Cyprien. I love him as a late 2nd round guy, but something about him scares me that Baalke might pull a 2012 and write his name on a card the night before and just draft him in the 1st.
Lol my thoughts exactly, although it'd be like last year where a multitude of unexpected guys got picked before us. In the 1st round I've noticed Baalke drafts for need. Last year he was stuck at picking a we and wasn't sold on the GaTech guy, so he took the smart guy with good measurable and statistical output.


i think his draft plan was derailed when seattle took his guy, bruce irvin
Gifted athlete, excellent cover skills and makes plays on the ball, but absolutely one of the worst tacklers I've ever seen. Often, he makes no effort to actually hit the ball carrier and his attempts to tackle are sometimes outright embarrassing (not to mention, costly). You can teach a guy to tackle better, but you can't make him WANT to tackle...that's my issue with him after watching 4 full Georgia games and specifically keying on him. I wanted to like him but I just couldn't, especially after watching the SEC Championship game.
Great we already have VD, big dix and cox. Now you wanna add Commings???
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Great we already have VD, big dix and cox. Now you wanna add Commings???

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Great we already have VD, big dix and cox. Now you wanna add Commings???

Hahaha it is getting a bit venereal isn't it? Alright getting mature again.. Though he may have had trouble tackling at times, on our team w our structure, HES SURE TA STICK!!
Originally posted by redrathman:
Commings is assuredly capable of COVERING the BLACKHOLE, that was our SECONDARY toward the end of last season!
[ Edited by bdub2588 on Apr 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM ]