There are 214 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bold Prediction! 49ers Trade OUT of the First Round

Hey, GM...generally we see pretty much eye to eye, and I agree this is a bold prediction. Actually I think we are pretty well situated in a good middle draft, and by rights should be able to get 2 starting DLs at #31 and 34, one of the gang of 8 safeties somewhere near end of rd 2( probably not a starter this yr tho), and then get 2 more picks, OT and TE and we're done. I could see Trent moving 5 picks upwards to move several of our higher picks up a bit...maybe even stockpile a couple for 2014, but my bet is on trent staying put, except moving up when the need arises for a special pick he had in mind. If, by chance, he really wants Ertz, that would be a 4-6 slot move, a lot easier than moving up to #15 pick.

Since I have no idea what Coach and GM have planned, I am anxiously awaiting to see how it plays out. My hope is for 2 starting DLs at 31 and 34, altho I could see him burn a couple picks to move up on both 31 and 34...nothing major tho. Also if that happened, and he wants the best remaining FS, then I could see him burn a couple more picks to get the best FS before #61. With remaining two picks, OT and TE seem the reasonable culprits. If we end up drafting at #25, however, it means we got Ertz...and then need to move up to get 2 starting DLs...and maybe essentially call it quits after that, with 3 comp picks, PK, OT, WR.

The only thing that would make this easier, is if 3-4 of the QB-less teams( buf, raids, jets, cards, philly, cleveland) make the cardinal sin of drafting with their hearts, not their heads and swoop in to take a very reasonable 2nd or 3rd-4th rd QB in rd 1....and probably at least two do, but several others may help us out and really screw up. One can always hope.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I have thought this was a possibility. If they trade down and up to group picks in rounds two and three they could have incredible depth for years to come. This draft is very even with few sure stars in the first round, so why not go for several DBs and DL in the second and third, along with the best TE falling in the right spot. Will they do this? Have no idea!

So, do I trust Baalke in the second round? Kaepernick and James? Yes, I think we should trust the guy to find good to great second rounders!

Bingo! Just too much talent in 2/3rd rounds!!!!! We'll be busy Friday
49ers end up with 2 First round tomorrow's draft.
Originally posted by LVJay:
i boldly agree to disagree

You must believe.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
i shall not
Originally posted by 49erMike:
Originally posted by LVJay:
i boldly agree to disagree

You must believe.

I agree that you two are disagreeable!
  • LVJay