There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Full 1st round with analysis...

2013 Draft Picks…

Guaranteed to go wrong!

1. Kansas City: Luke Joeckel

2. Jacksonville: Dion Jordan (This is the first spot that Geno Smith can go. There's only a handful of teams that can take a Qb in the 1st round. I say they pass and take a pass rusher. Ziggy is an option but I go with Dion.)

3. Oakland: Shariff Floyd (Under Al Davis this would have been Geno but they can play it safe now and take Floyd.)

4. Eagles: Eric Fisher (Another home for Geno but I think all of these teams are showing interest so a Team will trade up. If Fisher doesn't go here, he wouldn't get past Arizona at 7.)

5. Detriot: Ziggy Ansah (This is where I really might start to get off course. The Lions are like the Saints where they just need Defense… everywhere! It's a toss up between Dee Milliner or Ziggy Ansah. I think Corners are easier to find in later rounds than pass rushers.)

6. Cleveland: Dee Millner (Could go Geno, Ziggy or Dion if those guys aren't picked)

7. Arizona: Lane Johnson (Could also go the same as all the others but the top Oline players are rated very high this year. Arizona's Oline is horrible.)

8. Buffalo: Geno Smith (Maybe the last place for him to go or Geno might fall out of the first round. Some people say Ryan Nassib is Buffalo's QB but I go with Geno.)

9. Jets: Bark Mingo (They want DE's or OLB's for an aggressive 3-4)

10. Titans: Star Lot…….. (BPA and could be the best player in the draft. Maybe Kenny Vacarro)

11. San Diego: Jonathan Cooper (They need 2 or 3 starting Olinemen. I like Cooper over Warmack and best 3 OT are gone so it's between Cooper, Warmack or FLuker)

12. Miami: Bjorn Werner (This will probably be wrong. Dolphins are in a weird spot. They would want a good OT to replace Jake Long or a DE on the other side of Cameron Wake. Some people say a corner as well. All the top rated guys are gone from those positions. Miami might be the first team to trade up or down. I say they should go Tyler Eifert. Mike Wallace helps but he is not a redzone target, and Hartline is good but Eifert would give Tannehill a safety net for years. It would also give him a new offense to grow with…Wallace, Hartline and Eifert. They will ignore my insight though so I'm guessing Bjorn.)

13. Jets: Chance Warmack (Jets can go a ton of different directions here. Trufant or Rhodes could replace Revis. Tavon Austin could be a bonus and a weapon for Sanchez. This could also be a trade since the pick brand new. I go with Warmack though. New GM should build the team at the Lines.)

14. Carolina: Sheldon Richardson

15. Saints: Jarvis Jones

16. Rams: Kenny Vacarro (I'm sure this will go wrong. I'm looking at Kenny, Tavon and Olgetree and in what order to pick them. I go Kenny first because he is the best rated safety and in the NFC WEST you need one. If they miss on Tavon they can go Patterson or another wr later in the draft.)

17. Pittsburgh: Tavon Austin (Another hard team to pick. I think they would want to make the defense younger. Certain guys that they like though will be gone like Jarvis. Olgetree, Eifert, Kenny and Bjorn are considerations. I pick Austin because he replaces Mike Wallace but without the headache.)

18. Dallas: Sly Williams (Dallas might go Oline to protect Romo and his new contract but Jerry Jones seems to never go that route.)

19. Giants: DJ Fluker (maybe trufant or Eifert or Tank Carridine)

20. Chicago: Manti Teo (A local pick and Teo can be surrounded by veteran players.)

21. Cincy: Alec Ogletree (Could go Fluker or Kenny)

22. Rams: Cordelle Patterson (The Rams missed on Tavon but Patterson is still a weapon for Bradford and could be the best in the draft.)

23. Vikings: Xavier Rhodes (Rhodes falls a bit but there isn't a consensus on who is the best db in the draft after Dee. The Vikings wanted in on all the other guys taken but missed. Sly, Teo, Tavon, Patterson are all gone. BPA pick

24. Indy: Margus Hunt (Going on a hunch. Indy needs help on the Dline bad. They visited with Hunt for 2 days. There's other guys to consider but Hunt has tons of upside and he played in all the spots of the Dline at SMU so they can move him around.)

25. Vikings: Arthur Brown (Maybe Minter or D. Hopkins or Teo if he's not picked. Arthur Brown is a guess as to which MLB the Vikings like best.)

26. Packers: Jonathan Crypien (out of left field pick. People say Lacy and I don't see it. Maybe another pass rusher.

27. Houston: Robert Woods (Everyone says wr and they have been saying that for years. Sooner or later the Texans have to give Andre Johnson a sidekick.)

28. Denver: Tank Carridine (Denver is getting the steal of the draft. If Tank didn't get injured, a top pass rusher would be in the top 10 or top 5. I think the 49ers will try and trade up for this guy but in this no trade mock, Tank falls to Denver. Maybe Secondary help for Denver here since Bailey won't play forever. Hayden maybe or a Starting MLB to replace aging Keith Brooking.)

29. Patriots: Jamar Taylor (The Pats always pick weird so they will either trade this for a future first rounder or pick a guy that I haven't looked at much.)

30. Atlanta: Tyler Eifert (Atlanta could consider a corner but Gonzalez is only going to do one more year and this time I believe him. Eifert can be used this year and he is BPA at this spot and insurance if Tony gets hurt and they will plug him in as starter after Tony's last year.)

31. 49ers: DJ Hayden (This is worst case scenario for me. Tons of players to consider have already been picked. The 49ers are normally aggressive with who they want to pick so if this were to happen, I would expect them to trade up and grab the guy they want. I think they like Tank but I've considered Kenny, Sly, Margus, Eifert and Cyrpien. There are guys left like D. Jones or Ertz or J. Williams. I pick Hayden if I'm not making trades. Again, db is hard to evaluate after Dee Millner and the 49ers have shown interest in Hayden and he could be the best DB in the draft. A trade for future picks could also happen because the Niners probably expect to be in the Superbowl next year so they will be picking around the same spot next year. A team could show a lot of interest for a QB like Nassib, Manuel or Barkley and they will want to beat the next wave of QB needy teams. It's the same thing we did when we traded up for Kaep.)

32. Baltimore: Matt Elam (Baltimore needs to overhaul their D and Elam seems like a Raven… A take your head off type of player.)
there's no explanation of the saints pick jarvis jones.
I'd be ok with Hayden as long as we get D.Jones or J.Williams at #34... if tha bills go G.Smith we're f*cked for all tha people hoping to trade #34 to tha bills for a 2014 first round pick....
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I'd be ok with Hayden as long as we get D.Jones or J.Williams at #34... if tha bills go G.Smith we're f*cked for all tha people hoping to trade #34 to tha bills for a 2014 first round pick....

yea,...knowing buffalo, they always manage to f**k up the draft. But i think the QB from Syracuse and Barkley coudl be had at the top of the second round and teams would want to trade for them.
I could see the first round playing out close to that, but we might move up to get Rhodes, Tank, or Eifert if they fall that far. I also don't think Werner will go ahead of Richardson, Jones, and Rhodes and I think those guys might even go ahead of one or both guards. I strongly doubt another CB other than Milliner will go ahead of Rhodes, but CBS does have one analyst that mocked Trufant in front of him (6/8 analysts there mocked Rhodes at #12 though).
Originally posted by pdizo916:

yea,...knowing buffalo, they always manage to f**k up the draft. But i think the QB from Syracuse and Barkley coudl be had at the top of the second round and teams would want to trade for them.

Will to be truthful I'm not into trading away any of out first 3 round picks for next yr picks.. I think our defense needs youth N backups to learn this yr N.maybe take over next yr.. T.brown(don't believe he's worth 6-8 million a yr he may get), D.whitener,C.Rogers(because of money) J.Goodwin ,P.haralson, J.Smith(think hell be back) are just a few players that may need to be replaced ...
Will to be truthful I'm not into trading away any of out first 3 round picks for next yr picks.. I think our defense needs youth N backups to learn this yr N.maybe take over next yr.. T.brown(don't believe he's worth 6-8 million a yr he may get), D.whitener,C.Rogers(because of money) J.Goodwin ,P.haralson, J.Smith(think hell be back) are just a few players that may need to be replaced ...

The point of trading away an early pick this year would be to get a higher pick next year (and maybe have a shot at getting someone we would otherwise have no chance at like Clowney, Tuitt, or Marquise Lee. We have more than enough picks to fill positions of immediate need this season and we can worry about replacing some of those guys if (or when) we lose them to free agency. If a bad team wanted to give us a future first for our 2nd round pick, I would take that in a heartbeat unless there is a guy we really like still there at 34. Even if there is someone like Datone Jones left at 34, I would probably prefer a 2014 first from a weak team - it's a bit of a gamble, but worst case is you get a higher selection in what is considered a stronger draft class. Best case, you get a monster like Clowney or Tuitt who are possibly better prospects than anyone this year (Tuitt is 19 - bigger, younger, longer than Floyd and an ideal 3-4 DE, Clowney is Clowney).
Getting possibly the best CB in the draft is worst case scenario for you??

Personally, I'd be pretty psyched if we got Hayden there. I'd prefer Carradine or Datone Jones (who will get picked LONG before Margus Hunt) just because there are so few guys that could possibly replace Justin Smith in this draft and there are so many good CBs. But Hayden would be a steal.

I'd love to see us trade up... jump ahead of Denver for Carradine. And then trade up from 34 to get Hayden.
Originally posted by blm7754:

Personally, I'd be pretty psyched if we got Hayden there. I'd prefer Carradine or Datone Jones (who will get picked LONG before Margus Hunt) just because there are so few guys that could possibly replace Justin Smith in this draft and there are so many good CBs. But Hayden would be a steal.

I'd love to see us trade up... jump ahead of Denver for Carradine. And then trade up from 34 to get Hayden.

Denver isn't the only one in our way for Tank. He may go top 12 now.

HaHa... maybe I should have worded that better. I like Hayden. Sometimes I feel like corners can come in the later rounds. By worst case scenario I meant that other guys I was hoping for got picked before we do. I wasn't trying to show favortism, I just let the picks happen and go BPA or strong team needs. Having Margus get picked early is a guess but Tank and Kenny and Sly and Richardson are all likely to be off the board. Eifert was close to falling to us but it didn't happen.
I think Jones is a good fit as a 3-4 DE who can bulk up and maybe rotate inside in some packages, but I wouldn't be shocked if Hunt went ahead of him. Hunt is 25 (almost exactly 3 years older than Jones), but he has less wear on him since he came to football late and he is a much more impressive athlete. Jones is another player with short arms for a defensive lineman, particularly a defensive end (32 3/4) and he does not look very explosive. Hunt looks like a better DE prospect, but Jones is more versatile, so that would be an interesting choice if they both make it to 31. Neither one of those guys would be a great outside rusher in nickle packages, so I'm not sure they would get on the field that much this season.

Someone like Damontre Moore might be able to rush on 3rd downs and provide depth at OLB (plus, he's more than 2 years younger than Jones with a September birthday so he may still be growing and filling out). Moore also looks faster than the 4.95 he put up at the combine which is what could cause him to fall to us at 31/34 even though he is extremely young and produced in the SEC. It's funny to me how high people are on Floyd and how low they rank Moore now (Moore is younger than Floyd and has better length and production and great jumping stats at the combine which show explosiveness). The 40 time and bench press at the combine are all that are holding him back, but the 40 time could be a fluke and he improved his bench press to 19 reps which is respectable with long arms. It would be awesome if he falls into the mid-2nd and we trade up or down to get him and I could even see Baalke reaching for him at 34, particularly if we take a safety like Eric Reid or Cyprien at 31.

Arm length:
Carradine: 34 3/4
Moore: 34 3/4
Hunt: 33 3/4
Jones: 32 3/4
Originally posted by FearItself:
Denver isn't the only one in our way for Tank. He may go top 12 now.

Well... rumor has it

Personally, I think top 12 (or anything above 20) is too rich for Tank. He's only proven in the 4-3. Nobody knows if he'd be able to transition to the 5-technique and how we'll perform after an ACL injury. But if he falls past 20, I'd trade up for him in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
there's no explanation of the saints pick jarvis jones.
The saints need any help on D and they are switching to the 3-4 D. Jones has been great at getting to the QB in college. And most experts pick Jones to go there so i'm trying to help my percentage of correct picks.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

HaHa... maybe I should have worded that better. I like Hayden. Sometimes I feel like corners can come in the later rounds. By worst case scenario I meant that other guys I was hoping for got picked before we do. I wasn't trying to show favortism, I just let the picks happen and go BPA or strong team needs. Having Margus get picked early is a guess but Tank and Kenny and Sly and Richardson are all likely to be off the board. Eifert was close to falling to us but it didn't happen.

No I get it. This is a deep class of CBs... so being stuck with CB as the BPA would not be ideal.

I'd be shocked if Margus Hunt is a 1st round pick. I know lots of Zoners love him. But to me, he has neither the production or the value to be a 1st round pick. He's an upside pick without the youth. Unless somebody reaches for him, I'm pretty sure he'll get picked in the 40-60 range.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home