There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

my 1st synopsis

I'll make this quick sight? Check it....
I don't think they will actually end up doing this but, Tavon Austin would be the ideal guy to trade up for. In terms of a dynamical play maker he makes
Alot of sense to me. Can you imagine the first receiver to obtain at least a thousand yards
Rushing and receiving? Not to mention his impact as a ST player.. Hell he might even be able to cover! Lol
players I think are more likely we'd trade up inside the top 15 are... Xavier Rhodes, Milner (if he slips) Star.L and Ziggy Ansah (I live in Utah so Im quite familiar and privy to these players, bodies of work) D. moore and Mingo, along w/ Richardson and Floyd..
If we cannot get Rhodes, it doesn't matter to me because we can just Sanders Commings. Whom, I believe, like with Amerson and Rhodes,
can play both safety spots and and at least one of the corner spots each. I don't like this class of safeties for FS except for maybe one or two passable prospects..
And for the rest of the draft, if you care to know my analysis, I'm busy so you'll just have to wait.
If we move up to the middle of the 1st to draft Damontre Moore, then I'll lose it.
We're not gonna take Commings nor Amerson in the 1st at 15 when both are 2nd rd and down guys We could sit and get him at 61 and Commings is rated as a 4-5th rd guy.
THe only person Id want at 15 is Tavon Austin but I really feel like Buffalo, NYJ or Carolina are gonna surprise people and draft him and whoever misses out(between Car and NYJ) will take Vaccaro
Originally posted by martysofresh:
We're not gonna take Commings nor Amerson in the 1st at 15 when both are 2nd rd and down guys We could sit and get him at 61 and Commings is rated as a 4-5th rd guy.
THe only person Id want at 15 is Tavon Austin but I really feel like Buffalo, NYJ or Carolina are gonna surprise people and draft him and whoever misses out(between Car and NYJ) will take Vaccaro

No you missed what I was saying.. And probably I didn't explain myself well, but we can address FS later with Amerson or commings, IF we decide to go another route in the top 15. And yes, if we were to get Austin, wed have to go top 10 most likely..And whats wrong with D. Moore I've seen nothing on tape and with his long arms and talent he could become a player much like Aldon is..
You need more than long arms to be a good player. Moore has very long arms (34 3/4), but he is way too small and weak to play 3-4 DE, so he'd really only be used as an outside rusher in nickle/dime packages (probably not a big enough need to trade up for). Moore also probably killed his chances of being a top 15 pick when he ran a 4.95 at the combine. His comparison is Aldon Smith according to nfl.com, but he is a poor man's version of Aldon Smith in my opinion and we'd be better off getting someone like Richardson who can rotate at 3-4 DE too and eventually replace Justin Smith if we do trade up that high. I would probably prefer Moore over someone like Hunt at 34 if we can't get Datone Jones given the differences in their ages (20 vs 26), but I think 15 is too much of a reach.
Originally posted by bdub2588:
No you missed what I was saying.. And probably I didn't explain myself well, but we can address FS later with Amerson or commings, IF we decide to go another route in the top 15. And yes, if we were to get Austin, wed have to go top 10 most likely..And whats wrong with D. Moore I've seen nothing on tape and with his long arms and talent he could become a player much like Aldon is..

idk the whole story on moore but he's not 1st rd talent anymore. much rather sit and wait for Jones, whose better than Moore
I agree, we could get a safety later in the 2nd and be just fine.
Austin is a luxary pick that would only be a reaction to Seattle gettin Harvin and a block to keep STL from gettin him. Dont get me wrong tho, id love to have him, id proabably do a backflip if we did get him
NOT on the Austin bandwagon.

Way too simiular to Desawn & Hester - have they made their teams contenders or proved to be THE difference in taking then to the next level? NO!

1). TOOOOO small for a long NFL season

2). TOOOOO high a price to pay in a draft where we could get a number of high-producing playerS - that's Players plural.

My pick for WR in the late 2nd early 3rd [trade-uop] is Da'Rick. IMO, he's going to be a star in the NFL.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
NOT on the Austin bandwagon.

Way too simiular to Desawn & Hester - have they made their teams contenders or proved to be THE difference in taking then to the next level? NO!

1). TOOOOO small for a long NFL season

2). TOOOOO high a price to pay in a draft where we could get a number of high-producing playerS - that's Players plural.

My pick for WR in the late 2nd early 3rd [trade-uop] is Da'Rick. IMO, he's going to be a star in the NFL.
Don't give me that, the point is that we have every other offensive piece. Aside from reserve and situational players, what else does our offense need? A guy who can effectively get past the defense, so that Vernon can get one on ones again..
Originally posted by bdub2588:
Don't give me that, the point is that we have every other offensive piece. Aside from reserve and situational players, what else does our offense need? A guy who can effectively get past the defense, so that Vernon can get one on ones again..

We don't have a good replacement for Walker. If we trade up for an offensive player, I think it will be Eifert, because we use 2 TE sets a lot and we have Crabtree and Boldin outside with Manningham/Jenkins/Williams as depth and slot receivers. I'm a ND fan so I'm a little biased, but I think Eifert can help spread defenses and beat most NFL safeties in single coverage. He's also a willing blocker - he could use some more bulk, but he can become a decent blocker (wish his arms were longer than 33 1/8", but he's no Zach Ertz - 31 3/4").
For the next 48 hours when people want to create another stupid Tayvon Austin thread can they please put his name in the title?
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Apr 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM ]
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
For the next 48 hours when people want to create another stupid Tayvon Austin thread can they please put his name in the title?

Dude if you read my post I articulated on how he's not obtainable.. The price would be too high to jump inside the top 10 I don't like him in the top 10 due to the contractual status, but if he slipped to say 12 or 13 I'd jump all over it!
but since he's probably gone by then I'd pick one of the other aforementioned players (and yes that excludes players projected outside of the top 15)
[ Edited by bdub2588 on Apr 23, 2013 at 8:36 PM ]