There are 44 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If its between these 3:

If its between these 3:

Assuming Vacarro, Cyprien and Reid are all off the board.

And so is Tank, Eifert, Ertz and Hunter.

We would know that BALT would take Elam the next pick most likely but Trufant is a shutdown CB. And we need Jones badly to replace Justin in 1-2 yrs.
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Apr 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM ]
I would go with Jones because I like him the best out of those 3 players not to mention he can bring immediate help. Unless we cut Whitner a SS will sit on the bench and at CB we are 6 deep so he's likely to be buried. So BPA in my opinion and at the greatest need.
Easily Datone Jones for me...I'd take him over all of your mentioned players.. except maybe Eifert.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Easily Datone Jones for me...I'd take him over all of your mentioned players.. except maybe Eifert.

Agreed. Easy pick for me
Definitely Elam. I like Trufant but not nearly as much as Elam.
It boils down to what area you think our biggest need is and the value of the pick.

IMO, it's DLine and I go w/Datone. Also there are lots of VERY good S, CB in rond 2.

The more I read about Searinger the more I like him.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
It boils down to what area you think our biggest need is and the value of the pick.

IMO, it's DLine and I go w/Datone. Also there are lots of VERY good S, CB in rond 2.

The more I read about Searinger the more I like him.

Agreed. This draft should be a "best player available" type draft and Jones would be the best fit, too. Swearinger and Phillip Thomas would be my targets for the vacant FS spot.
Datone Jones
Seems like it could be a runaway. I'd like to see Jones vs Cyprien
Matt Elam is perhaps the most overrated player in this draft. He is an in-the-box safety and while he is a good in-the-box safety, that position is a dying breed in the NFL. Tough one between Jones and Trufant, but I'll go with Jones as he is a perfect fit in our defense and most likely to be the "gold star" player on our draft board.

Take Jones in the 1st, Johnthan Banks in the 2nd, and get your Matt Elam in the 4th in Earl Wolff (sleeper alert)

[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 21, 2013 at 1:14 PM ]
trade
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Jones
Surprised by the poll results! It was a tough call for me between Trufant and Jones. I've seen Trufant often mocked in the teens or 20s, and I think CB is a big need for us, so it would be hard to pass on him if he falls.

I went with Jones, though. There are more CB alternatives I like in the 2nd round. Plus if these are our choices at 31, there is a pretty good chance we could still get Trufant at 34. Or Hayden.
I didn't even consider Elam. Would rather have Thomas later.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Surprised by the poll results! It was a tough call for me between Trufant and Jones. I've seen Trufant often mocked in the teens or 20s, and I think CB is a big need for us, so it would be hard to pass on him if he falls.

I went with Jones, though. There are more CB alternatives I like in the 2nd round. Plus if these are our choices at 31, there is a pretty good chance we could still get Trufant at 34. Or Hayden.

Haden is going to either be the fist corner taken or the second. He will not be available at 34.