LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Last mock with trades

This is my final try. This is how i actually see the draft going.

1.(15) trade 34/61 to N.O. Kenny Vaccarro S Texas. 6-0 214
1.(31) Keenan Allen WR Cal 6-2 206
3. (74) John Jenkins NT Georgia. 6-4 346
3.(93) Brandon Williams DE missouri southern st. 6-1 335
4. (103) trade 128 and 175 Jordan Reed TE/H-Back Fla 6-3 233
4.(131) Tharold Simon CB Lsu 6-2 202
5. (157) Kevin Reddick ILB UNC 6-2 243
6.(175) traded future 5th
6. (180) traded future 5th
7.(227) traded future 6th
7. (246) Omoregie Uzzi OG GT 6-3 302
7.(252) Jordan Rodgers QB Vandy 6-2 202

This puts us to 11 picks in the 2014 draft.
Like some of those prospects, but it certainly makes no sense to draft two nose tackles in the third round.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
If 34 and 61 could move us up like that I say do it!
Brandon williams can handle both positions imo. He'd be our swing guy like RJF. Jenkins is Nt only.
wouldn't mind it but I'd like it more with someone like Justin Hunter instead of Keenan Allen but he'll probably be gone. Keenan Allen = Anquan Boldin
A over weight lazy NT h*ll no N a WR is a wasted pick that higher have bigger defense needs ...N sry RJF SUCKED don't know why N how u think B.Williams can be a DE or even compare him to RJF. .. RJF is 6'3 295 B.Williams is 6'1 335...
A over weight lazy NT h*ll no N a WR is a wasted pick that higher have bigger defense needs ...N sry RJF SUCKED don't know why N how u think B.Williams can be a DE or even compare him to RJF. .. RJF is 6'3 295 B.Williams is 6'1 335... I wouldn't wanna trade 2 high picks away for a so-called great player when I could get two really good players...
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
If you trade up all the way to 15th, if he is still around, I am definitely going with Cordarrelle Patterson without a question !!

But, if you want a safety instead, I will be going with Eric Reid instead. That leaves 34th, likewise I agree we should go for a WR too, but not Keenan Allen, my pick would be Justin Hunter, a tall legit deep threat wideout that we badly need.
49 ers will not select a WR unless Tavon Austin falls to 31 or 34 no WR with our first 2 picks and we are not going to trade up for a Safety maybe if he had a 4.4 40 yeah we'd been trading up, if we trade up its to get DE/DT SHELDON RICHARDSON
I think we will get an early pass catcher, not patterson but more likey allen or ertz. Jenkins is super athletic for his size and will probably be the most dominant NT in this draft. Him or Star.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
I think we will get an early pass catcher, not patterson but more likey allen or ertz. Jenkins is super athletic for his size and will probably be the most dominant NT in this draft. Him or Star.

I agree. I want both, but more realistically it will probably be a case of either or. I would say if we don't go for a WR at 31st, then we will get a TE at 34th. I don't know which WR they want to pick, Patterson will be long gone and so will Austin. My choice would be Hunter, but I don't think the 9ers are interested in him. As for TE, I am pretty sure it will be Ertz, Eifert will be gone in the 1st.
Trading up to get Vaccaro is pretty iffy...you know Dallas wants him so bad they can taste him...and will do whatever they can to prevent the Niners or other teams to jump ahead of them (at #16) to snag him. I really wouldn't trade up in the 1st rd...instead, I'd trade into the 2nd/3rd rds to get a couple more picks. The best talent pool is between #20 and 70...Baalke could get 7 picks in the 1st 3 rounds and make a killing. Who knows what he'll actually do, but that's what I hope he does. It should yield the best quality players available.
Corva, I posted elsewhere that baalke moves up a bit in first, and then has 4 picks in rd 2, with all 5 other picks used to trade up. He still gets the 3 comp picks , for a total of 8 guys, only 4 of which we keep. But I didn't even think of the Kap pick, nor Aldon...so i guess whatever I guess is what won't happen.
  • J49er
  • Veteran
Fav draft I've seen
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Trading up to get Vaccaro is pretty iffy...you know Dallas wants him so bad they can taste him...and will do whatever they can to prevent the Niners or other teams to jump ahead of them (at #16) to snag him. I really wouldn't trade up in the 1st rd...instead, I'd trade into the 2nd/3rd rds to get a couple more picks. The best talent pool is between #20 and 70...Baalke could get 7 picks in the 1st 3 rounds and make a killing. Who knows what he'll actually do, but that's what I hope he does. It should yield the best quality players available.

This. Don't want to trade up for Vaccaro. If he fell then great. Also love the idea of trading up in the bottom of the 2nd to Bottom of the 3rd. Wouldn't cost much and could go after a player Baalke wants to secure.
Share 49ersWebzone