There are 266 users in the forums

Mock Draft: picks 1-34 with multiple trades, theninermaniac 1.0

Trades: Buffalo's 1,3 and 4 for Detroit's 1; Miami's 1 for St. Louis 1 and 3; Pittsburg's 1 and 3 for Tampa Bay's 1, SF's 1 and 3 for Cincy's 1

**I wanted to let Tampa Bay trade back in first round and then deal their later first round pick to NY Jets for Revis but decided not to

1Kansas City--Luke Joeckel--OT--Texas A&M
2Jacksonville--Sharrif Floyd--DT--Florida
3Oakland--Star Lotulelei--DT--Utah
4Philadelphia--Eric Fisher--OT--C. Michigan
5Buffalo (from Detroit)--QB--Geno Smith--West Virginia
6Cleveland--Tavon Austin--WR--West Virginia
7Arizona--Lane Johnson--OT--Oklahoma
8Detroit (from Buffalo) (gains Buffalo 3rd and 4th round picks)--Dee Milliner--CB--Alabama
9New York Jets--Dion Jordan--OLB--Oregon
10Tennessee--Chance Warmack--OG--Alabama
11San Diego--Kenny Vaccaro--S--Texas
12St. Louis (from Miami)--Coradalle Patterson--WR--Tennessee
13Pittsburg (from Tampa Bay)--Ezekiel Ansah--DE--BYU
14Carolina--Sheldon Richardson--DT--Missouri
15New Orleans--Alec Ogletree--LB--Georgia
16Miami (from St Louis) (gains STL 3rd round pick)--Desmond Trufant--CB--Washington
17Tampa Bay (from Pittsburg)(gains Pittsburg 3rd round pick)--Xavier Rhodes--CB--Florida State
18Dallas--Jonathan Cooper--OG--UNC
19New York Giants--Jarvis Jones--OLB--Georgia
20Chicago--DJ Fluker--OT--Alabama
21San Francisco (from Cincinatti)--Jonathan Cyprien--S--Florida International
22St. Louis (from Washington)--Ed Lacy--RB--Alabama
23Minnesota--Sylvester Williams--DT--UNC
24Indianapolis--Datone Jones--DE--UCLA
25Minnesota (from Seattle)--Justin Hunter--WR--Tennessee
26Green Bay--Tyler Eifert--TE--Notre Dame
27Houston--Keenan Allen--WR--California
28Denver--Barkevious Mingo--DE--LSU
29New England--DeAndre Hopkins--WR--Clemson
30Atlanta--Bjorn Werner--DE--Florida State
31Cincinatti (from San Francisco)(gains SF 3rd round pick @ 74) Manti T'eo--LB--Notre Dame
32Baltimore--Eric Reid--S--LSU

ROUND 2

1Jacksonville--EJ Manuel--QB--Florida State
2San Francisco (from Kansas City)--Johnathan Jenkins--DT--Georgia

I dont think Cyprien will last if we wait to try and get him at 31. I think trading up would secure our safety of the future. I am also open to trading our latter second round pick for future picks. How about some input?
One thing is probably true, we will be moving around. Not sure they move up to draft a Safety, more likely DL, but that probably means that Baalke will fool us all and do just that
Genuine question: is Cyprien worth Reid plus whoever we could pick in the 3rd?
Originally posted by English:

No, the gap between the two is minimal at best.
Trades are really confusing. No need to trade up for Cyprien. Makes no sense for buffalo to trade up for Geno. Mia & Tampa trades make little sense either.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Exactly. Plus, if we wanted to trade up for Cyprien in that scenario, it would have to be to 17 ahead of Dallas and its just not worth it. Swearinger, Reid and Elam are all on par with Cyprien in my opinion so there will be a quality safety available in the second round
No Thanks.

If tradin up that high - I'm going Datone.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Cyprien will be there at #31. No need to trade up.
With the depth at S and DL I just can't see the niners trading up for a guy projected to be at their 31st pick. He would have to be an elite player...do they consider Cyprien an elite player? D Jones? Patterson? Austin? J Jones?

I see them going for one of these guys over Cyprien if they trade up. But I do agree Baalke will likely key in on some players and go after them this year with all the collateral they have amassed.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 7, 2013 at 10:31 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
No Thanks.

I'm starting to slowly consider Datone over J. Williams at #31 or #34.

Originally posted by lamontb:
Trades are really confusing. No need to trade up for Cyprien. Makes no sense for buffalo to trade up for Geno. Mia & Tampa trades make little sense either.

I saw buffalo making a move up a few spots to secure their new franchise Qb. Nearly every team drafting in the top 10 have major Qb issues, and I don't thInk geno makes it out of top ten picks. Some team should get aggressive to land geno and I think buffalo makes sense. Maybe they will trade 2014 picks instead of 2013 picks but we all know Kolb stinks. I also thought Detroit is in good position to trade back and begin stockpiling future picks.

I think St. Louis is in a position where they want to move up and land offensive talent. Miami on the other hand has more than a few holes to fill and would benefit from trading down in the draft.

The Pittsburg Tampa trade is probably the least likely, but I felt Ansah would be a player the steelers covet. He's a day one starter in James Harrison's role. Tampa would have missed on milliner and vacarro in my mock, and would be trading down to acquire picks to package in a trade with the jets for revis.

Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by SFrush:

Exactly. Plus, if we wanted to trade up for Cyprien in that scenario, it would have to be to 17 ahead of Dallas and its just not worth it. Swearinger, Reid and Elam are all on par with Cyprien in my opinion so there will be a quality safety available in the second round

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z1f2_CFMi6Q

Yes. Cyprien is fills dashon's shoes better than Reid. Reid to me is a coverage liability and he has not proven he has the instincts I want in a safety. He is a great tackler, but cyprien is on par with him in this aspect. Cyprien has displayed not only great instincts, but also the ability to make a play on the ball and make interceptions, a la Goldson.

I believe it is worth whatever it takes to get cyprien whether its at 21 or 17 or even 15 with a trade with New Orleans. We have an abundance of picks this year, with only one major hole to fill at safety. It seems goldson's contributions are taken for granted, and that if we just plug a vet back there then it will be ok. Goldson was an all pro. The defensive line can be addressed later in the draft, as well as o line depth. We are set every where else.

We must take advantage of our position in this draft. We must land a safety. Cyprien and vaccaro are the top prospects at safety in my judgement, worthy of mid round picks, with Reid being a late first, early second grade.

Thanks for everyone's input
I think were going to go with more of a project free safety and that's why we signed Dahl to sort of be the stop gap. I just can't see Harbaugh/Fangio putting a rookie back there, I don't think he'd trust them in our complex defensive scheme. Unless ofcourse therookie is special, im talking real sharp. To me this teams problem is not the lack of talent, to me this teams needs to be smarter. I was kind of glad to see Goldson go, i know he was a good player, but i thought it was time to go in a different direction. Sacrificing his playmaking and hitting, for someone a little more disciplined in coverage and less liely to make a mistake. Maybe Dahl is this guy, anyways id like to see what Dahl has before we write him off. I like Eifert with our 31, he seems polished to me and theres no need to move. Dual threat tight ends seems to work pretty good for Brady. I also like Kawann Short, he seems quicker off the snap then those other guys on tape. Datone Jones would be cool too, but youre right about Cyprien, the guy looks like a player, I'm not going to be mad to see him drafted, but I'm not sure I'm moving up for him.
No Thanks.

This!!! Datone is the man!!!
No Thanks.

That would be my inclination also. 'cept that I wouldn't trade down . . . lot of value in the first three rounds. Keep those picks. After those . . . trade away all you want.

Certainly wouldn't want the Niners to trade down for a safety. Even though I also feel that Cyprien is a good pick ( from what I've seen, read and heard from the people I respect, a lot better than Reid), I'd like to see them select for the DL with their first. If Datone is not there, then Jesse Williams. The play of the back end will get miraculously better. Safety somewhere after that.

I really get the feeling that it will go something like that. But you never know. Three years ago I would not have believed that they would trade down for Davis.
Seems like TE, DL and S are the three must gets in this draft and likely to be in the first two or three rounds. Trading a second would hinder getting all three potential starters, so the only way they trade up is for a game breaking type talent--either a returner (Austin or Patterson) or a pass rusher (D or J Jones). None of the S seem to separate themselves except for Milliner, who will have too steep a price.

But it will be as much fun to be wrong as to be right!
Share 49ersWebzone