There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

JRod Mock 2.0 4/6/13

Since all FA acquisitions are done and alot of holes are filled i will attempt a plan i think would make our team unbeatable

1st round(Trade our 1st, late 2nd, and 5th to Cowboys)- DE Datone Jones: as the offseason went along datone turned from a late 2nd rounder to a top 25 player. With this trade we will have jumped in front of teams like the colts and packers to ensure our future monster of a player. It was said that Jones occupied multiple blockers allowing his teammate, anthony barr, to swope in and get sacks. I know the name has been outplayed alot (i know eonblue thinks so )but he is a good heir to justin smith.

2nd round- FS/CB David Amerson: why Amerson? we already have Nmandi dont we? well i dont expect amerson to play CB but yet FS. This guy is a ballhawk and would be better in coverage than most FSs. Our pass defense would be upgraded instantly. Not only is this guy good in pass coverage but he can tackle too and takes good angles in the open field. He isnt afraid to throw himself at RBs.

3rd round- NT Brandon Williams: Brandon Williams- a raw player who can stuff the run and rush and the passer. Very agile for a man of his size. Could grow into a dominate NT!

3rd round- WR Aaron Dobson: Big, physical, fast. He will be the successor of Boldin and will learn under his wing. As a former basketball player, dobson specializes in jumping for the ball and coming down with it. With the right coaching, we could get the big receiver we have wanted since TO left town

4th round- OLB Cornellius Washington: when i saw the senior bowl i knew we had to have this kid. He is huge and moves quicker than you think with great explosion. He was calculated as the most explosive player in the draft. We may have to trade up for him with some late to mid round picks but i hope we do what it takes to snag this guy up.

4th round- SS Robert Lester: last draft he could of been a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick but after a pedestrian season he has fallen a little bit further. He still has great value and was a part of a great college defense that dominated so I believe after a year behind whitner, Lester can become a good safety.

5th round-(Trade both 6th round picks for a mid 5th round pick) OT Chris Faulk: comes from a big school, has great quickness, and will be a good back up and possibly show up in some of our jumbo packages

7th round-TE Jospeh Fauria: as many of you might know, this guy is my draft crush even though he is a late round pick. This guy has got height and amazing hands. He is able to use his long arms to box out defenders to create space to catch passes. He has fallen down draft boards because of his slim build but wasn't Dwight clark thought of as too slim for a TE? After a year of professional weight lift training, this guy can gain the body build of a bigger TE to improve his blocking and durability. Fauria and Vernon can make a good mismatch situation,

7th round- K Kaleb Sturgis: Harbaugh loves competition everywhere, even in STs. Strugis can compete with Dawson in preseason and if he doesn't win, we didn't spend much for him anyway so its practically no risk, high reward.

Other 7ths used for camp competition and depth

Roster:

QB: Kaepernick/ McCoy/Tolzien
RB:Gore/Hunter/James/Dixon
FB:Miller
WR:Crabtree/Boldin/Williams/Jenkins/Dobson/Manningham
TE: V.Davis/Fauria/Celek
OT:Staley/A.Davis/Faulk
G:Iupati/Boone/Looney
C:Goodwin/Kilgore
NT:B.Williams/I.Williams
DE:J.Smith/McDonald/Dorsey/D.Jones
OLB:A.Smith/Brooks/Washington/Paralyson
ILB:Willis/Bowman/Grant(Signed later on)/Sukuta
CB:Brown/Asomugha/Culliver/Rogers/Cox
FS:Amerson/Dahl/Spillman
SS:Whitner/Lester/Robinson
P:Andy Lee
K:Phil Dawson
LS:Jennings

I did this a lil buzzed so let me know of any mistakes
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Apr 6, 2013 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Since all FA acquisitions are done and alot of holes are filled i will attempt a plan i think would make our team unbeatable

1st round(Trade our 1st, late 2nd, and 5th to Cowboys)- DE Datone Jones: as the offseason went along datone turned from a late 2nd rounder to a top 25 player. With this trade we will have jumped in front of teams like the colts and packers to ensure our future monster of a player. It was said that Jones occupied multiple blockers allowing his teammate, anthony barr, to swope in and get sacks. I know the name has been outplayed alot (i know eonblue thinks so )but he is a good heir to justin smith.

2nd round- FS/CB David Amerson: why Amerson? we already have Nmandi dont we? well i dont expect amerson to play CB but yet FS. This guy is a ballhawk and would be better in coverage than most FSs. Our pass defense would be upgraded instantly. Not only is this guy good in pass coverage but he can tackle too and takes good angles in the open field. He isnt afraid to throw himself at RBs.

3rd round- NT Brandon Williams: Brandon Williams- a raw player who can stuff the run and rush and the passer. Very agile for a man of his size. Could grow into a dominate NT!

3rd round- WR Aaron Dobson: Big, physical, fast. He will be the successor of Boldin and will learn under his wing. As a former basketball player, dobson specializes in jumping for the ball and coming down with it. With the right coaching, we could get the big receiver we have wanted since TO left town

4th round- OLB Cornellius Washington: when i saw the senior bowl i knew we had to have this kid. He is huge and moves quicker than you think with great explosion. He was calculated as the most explosive player in the draft. We may have to trade up for him with some late to mid round picks but i hope we do what it takes to snag this guy up.

4th round- SS Robert Lester: last draft he could of been a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick but after a pedestrian season he has fallen a little bit further. He still has great value and was a part of a great college defense that dominated so I believe after a year behind whitner, Lester can become a good safety.

5th round-(Trade both 6th round picks for a mid 5th round pick) OT Chris Faulk: comes from a big school, has great quickness, and will be a good back up and possibly show up in some of our jumbo packages

7th round-TE Jospeh Fauria: as many of you might know, this guy is my draft crush even though he is a late round pick. This guy has got height and amazing hands. He is able to use his long arms to box out defenders to create space to catch passes. He has fallen down draft boards because of his slim build but wasn't Dwight clark thought of as too slim for a TE? After a year of professional weight lift training, this guy can gain the body build of a bigger TE to improve his blocking and durability. Fauria and Vernon can make a good mismatch situation,

7th round- K Kaleb Sturgis: Harbaugh loves competition everywhere, even in STs. Strugis can compete with Dawson in preseason and if he doesn't win, we didn't spend much for him anyway so its practically no risk, high reward.

Roster:

RB:Gore/Hunter/James/K.Davis

Put the drinks down buddy , Theres no reason to trade the 31st and 2nd and 5th just to get a player that might fall to us anyways and the 2nd pick has still has value. I'd like to see your final mock without the drinks.
1. I trade 61# & 74# to Minny for their 25

1.25 Trade to Dallas or Buffalo for their 1st round pick in 2014, If not David Amerson CB
1.31 FS Eric Reed
2. 33 TE Tyler Eifert
3. 93 S Duke Williams or Shaun Williams
4. 100 Trade 128 and 5th round to Oakland DE William Gholston
5. 131 C Sklyer Allen

The rest will be SPT
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Roster:

RB:Gore/Hunter/James/K.Davis

Put the drinks down buddy , Theres no reason to trade the 31st and 2nd and 5th just to get a player that might fall to us anyways and the 2nd pick has still has value. I'd like to see your final mock without the drinks.

datone jones is a wildcard tho, he can go anywhere. I really want to secure him and as it gets closer to the draft it seems more likely he wont fall to us
Maybe I missed it in your post, but you have K. Davis as one of our RBs. When would we pick him up?
fwiw chris faulk had the highest body fat content at the combine, 33%
Originally posted by 9RVOLS:
Maybe I missed it in your post, but you have K. Davis as one of our RBs. When would we pick him up?

dam....thank for pointing that out