There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kenny Tate

A few years ago this kid was one of the top safeties in college football. He has great size just under 6'4 and instincs which the team (Maryland)tried him at OLB. Injuries has caused this kid to fall of the radar. He just ran a 4.6 forty at his pro day and seems to have recovered. I've followed him since 2010 and think he would be a steal mid to late round. I'd move him back to SS. Anyone else heard of him? This is my diamond in the rough/gem that I'd take a flier on
I've read up on this kid and watched some videos of him. He used to play SS and they moved him to OLB because he has that kind of height. But he is only 220 lbs if I remember right, and that isn't enough to be effective at LB. They actually created a position for him, and actually ran what is called a base 4-4 defense, where the SS lines up in the box (similar to where a 3-4 OLB would be). I've thought about this guy as a 7th rounder. If he could bulk up he could be a decent coverage linebacker, but I don't see him being a safety at the next level. I don't know if he has the kind of ball skills or coverage skills to be effective as a safety at the next level though.