LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

How many Picks should we trade for next years draft?

Originally posted by baltien:
I expect us to maybe trade up to grab a safety, and then do a whole lot of trading back. Aside from FS, there's nowhere else for a rookie to start on our roster.

All the other picks will likely be depth anyway.

I disagree in that a lot of the other picks won't be depth but rotational, they won't start but they will play a lot more than people realize. TE, Safetey, DE, CB. Never rule out them starting. If they are playing better than what we have, then the vet has to move to the back of the line. They have to as we will have lots of FA next year. Not to mention if Kaep has a stellar year they will want to extend him to a mega deal. Damn the cowboys, over paying Romo-you got to be kidding me. Peyton Brady Brees Rodgers and the Raven's QB, okay-but Romo?!
Originally posted by WildBill:
I disagree in that a lot of the other picks won't be depth but rotational, they won't start but they will play a lot more than people realize. TE, Safetey, DE, CB. Never rule out them starting. If they are playing better than what we have, then the vet has to move to the back of the line. They have to as we will have lots of FA next year. Not to mention if Kaep has a stellar year they will want to extend him to a mega deal. Damn the cowboys, over paying Romo-you got to be kidding me. Peyton Brady Brees Rodgers and the Raven's QB, okay-but Romo?!

But we've proved the last 2 years that we're not really willing to throw our picks in at the deep end.

Ian Williams has been extended so it looks like he'll be our starting NT ( can't be any worse than Sop was last year.)
Trent Robinson looks like he was brought last year to replace Goldson this year and Dahl has come in to replace Goldson on ST.

I don't think Baalke would let Goldson go then hope we can find a starter in the draft. Its not his way. I think he'll be looking for replacements for Crabtree, Whitner, J.Smith, Rodgers and Brown. With 1 starting TE to replace Delanie and share reps with Celek.
i think we will draft plenty but im hoping to trade a 2nd for a 1st next year. we have a ton of big name guys who need contracts so drafting their replacements this year and next is very important for long term success. also if they draft replacements and let FAs walk, they get compensated, for our guys being excellent players we should be lookin at some 3rd rounders next year and the year after. i think thats baalkes strategy
0!!! We should use all our picks to get as much young talent as possible to develop and for depth.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I'd really like to trade our #31 and our 4th for a 2nd this year and 1st next year!

This would be the most realistic move we can make to get another 1st rounder next year.
I would hope we don't just give away a pick with nothing immediate in return with so many needs.
Share 49ersWebzone