LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Ollie Olz Final Mock Draft (Will be the MOST accurate draft when all said and done)

• 9moon
  • Veteran
1) Kansas City - Luke Joeckel, OT - Texas A&M
2) Jacksonville - Sharriff Floyd, DT - Florida
3) Oakland - Star Lotulelei, DT - Utah
4) Philadelphia - Dion Jordan, OLB - Oregon
5) Detroit - Ezekiel Ansah; OLB - BYU
6) Cleveland - Chance Warmack; OG - Alabama
7) Arizona - Jonathan Cooper; OG - UNC
8) Tampa Bay (draft day trade w/ Buffalo) - Dee Milliner; CB - Alabama
9) New York Jets - Alec Ogletree; ILB - Georgia
10) Tennessee - Xavier Rhodes; CB - Florida State
11) San Francisco (draft day trade w/ San Diego) - Bjoern Werner, DE - Florida State
12) Miami - Eric Fisher; OT - Central Michigan
13) Buffalo (from Tampa Bay) - Geno Smith; QB - West Virginia
14) Carolina - Sheldon Richardson; DT - Missouri
15) New Orleans - Barkevious Mingo; OLB - LSU
16) St. Louis - Jarvis Jones; OLB - Georgia
17) Pittsburgh - Cordarrelle Patterson; WR - Tennessee
18) Dallas - Kenny Vaccaro; FS - Texas
19) Minnesota (draft day trade w/ NY Giants) - Desmond Trufant; CB - Washington
20) Chicago - Lane Johnson; OT - Oklahoma
21) Cincinnati - Datone Jones; DE - UCLA
22) St Louis - Tyler Eifert; TE - Notre Dame
23) New York Giants - Zach Ertz; TE - Stanford
24) Indianapolis - Manti Teo; ILB - Notre Dame
25) Minnesota - Tavon Austin; WR - West Virginia
26) Green Bay - Margus Hunt; DT - SMU
27) Houston - Keenan Allen; WR - CAL
28) Denver - Kawann Short; DT - Purdue
29) Patriots - Jesse Williams; DT - Alabama
30) Atlanta - Kawann Short; DT - Purdue
31) San Diego (from SF) - Terron Armstead; OT - Ark Pine Bluff
32) Baltimore - Kevin Minter; ILB - LSU
[ Edited by 9moon on Apr 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM ]
I so hope not! !! But if we did move up that far for someone if like it to be X.Rhodes ...
Excuse me? We trade up 20 spots for a situational pass rusher?
We are not trading up if anything they will trade down Bejoern Werner was helped out by all the players around him he's not worth us trading up.
The only thing worse than your guarantee is your ridiculous trade up for a guy who should be a 4-3 DE.
  • buck
  • Veteran
most accurate

boring braggadocio
U got Kawaan Short going #28 AND #30...LMFAO!!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Justin Smith was a 4-3 DE at Missouri, look how well he turned out. With the kind of defense we have, we can (should) target a player that will help us now and be an awesome player in the future.

You guys are getting caught up w/ the combine and all those none sense stop watches.. Have you guys seen this this guy play all last year??

Why in the world are we gonna move up for Xavier Rhodes?? We're loaded at the secondary position, why waste a 1st rounder on a fast guy that can't even cover.
Mmmmmm yes. This does seen quite accurate. I could totally envision the Chargers trading down to the bottom I the first to take Terron Armstead, instead of Eric Fisher who is mysteriously absent...

And Armstead is a first rounder because you aren't caught up with stopwatches and combine numbers?

I like trading up this year. Not sure about your pick tho. Id rather have kenny vaccaro with that pick.
This is the worst mock I've seen lmao
Originally posted by BigBug415:
U got Kawaan Short going #28 AND #30...LMFAO!!

LOL!
Originally posted by 9moon:
Justin Smith was a 4-3 DE at Missouri, look how well he turned out. With the kind of defense we have, we can (should) target a player that will help us now and be an awesome player in the future.

You guys are getting caught up w/ the combine and all those none sense stop watches.. Have you guys seen this this guy play all last year??

Why in the world are we gonna move up for Xavier Rhodes?? We're loaded at the secondary position, why waste a 1st rounder on a fast guy that can't even cover.

You are mistaken on many levels.
Originally posted by 9moon:

I have a need to address your points:

1. If you're suggesting that Werner play DE in our system I think you're mis-projecting him. Justin Smith is freakishly strong. Even for NFL defensive linemen he's in a league of his own. Werner is about 20 pounds too light for the very very minimum weight for that position. He's about 40 lbs too light for the ideal weight. He's simply not big enough, and asking him to play that role would be a mis-use of his current skill set.
  2. If you see him as a 3-4 OLB then he would be only a situation pass-rusher, as we have 2 elite level starting players at the position. I'm all for drafting such a player. The first round is a bit of a reach given our other needs, but for the right player it's worth it. But trading up 20 spots? Your'e suggesting using both of our top 35 picks and possibly our other 2nd round pick. For a player that will play no more than 40% of snaps? We just lost a safety, we have other needs.
  3. Moving up (significantly up, not just a few spots to land the player that you want) was studied recently by harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com, and shown to be a bad idea. Teams over-value their ability to draft, and end up making the wrong move more often than not. Leveraging so much capital knowing that the odds are stacked against you is usually not a winning football strategy (for every RGIII there's a Mark Sanches, and for every Julio Jones there's a Ricky Williams).
  4. Please explain why you believe Xavier Rhodes can't cover. Watch him match up against DeAndre Hopkins (my favorite player in this draft) and then tell me he can't cover.
  5. We're loaded in the secondary? Nnamdi has a 1 year deal and we don't know what we have in him. Rogers had a down year and is not likely to be back next year at his salary. Brown is in his contract year, and Culliver had another up and down year. The other 2 CBs on the team are simply bad. We don't have a starting FS, and Whitner had a very poor year in terms of coverage. This is likely his last year with the team. What about that group makes us "loaded"? Oh, and we couldn't cover ANYONE in the playoffs.
  6. Please remove Kwan Short from your mock (at least once).
[ Edited by RollinWith21n52 on Apr 3, 2013 at 9:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone