There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

is jadeveon clowney worth a kings ransom?

Thinking about next years draft....Clowney will go top 3. Is he worth our entire draft next year ala Ricky Williams? I'd say so, especially considering that we have 14 picks this year, and are loaded with cheap talent. In fact, I would argue that getting Clowney would be more efficient then getting 3-4 players who would barely make the team, let alone be a starter. We have studs in every area. Teaming Clowney with Aldon would make arguably the best pass rushing duo in recent memory.

Before you call me crazy, think about the cost/benefit and consider how many picks we have vs how many we need

we can probably trade our 63rd pick for a first rounder next year and our carolina's pick for a second next year. Maybe we can, but would it be necessary?

How is he in coverage?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
we can probably trade our 63rd pick for a first rounder next year and our carolina's pick for a second next year. Maybe we can, but would it be necessary?

How is he in coverage?

Myth #1: You need to be good in coverage to be a premier 3-4 OLB
I'd luv to have him just depends on tha cost to jump up into tha top 5 ... another Guy I'd like to see us get next yr if he comes out is Jake Ryan outta Michigan OLB put on injuries list was hearing great things about him before he got injured ...
Originally posted by dhp318:

How is he in coverage?

Myth #1: You need to be good in coverage to be a premier 3-4 OLB

Still doesn't answer my original question.....
I have heard he is the 2nd coming of Lawrence Taylor!
Still doesn't answer my original question.....

We're not gonna be able to get Clowney
If not for injury, Aldon Smith may very well smashed the single season sack total and in 2 seasons, he is already on pace to be the all time leader. I don't see us doing a Julio Jones type deal to get this guy. He is gonna end up going to a very bad team and I doubt he does what Aldon does here. Great player no doubt, but no to the King's Ransom is my vote. College production does not equate to NFL production
Him or the Black Mamba from Oregon. Dude is ELECTRIC (B. Mamba)!!!
Too early to answer this question. We'd have to see what our needs are next draft.
I will put it this way. The last guy that looked this good IMO was Calvin Johnson.
Originally posted by allhype:
Him or the Black Mamba from Oregon. Dude is ELECTRIC (B. Mamba)!!!

theres only one black mamba and he plays basketball
Clowney will be a Raider next year...calling it now.
Will be the 1st non qb off the board. Only way we get him is if we trade for a 1st rounder next year and just get lucky as Hell.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
theres only one black mamba and he plays basketball
everyone calls themselves the black mamba now