LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Sexy Mock draft

I like this mock, nice job.
I don't know about the sexy part...but Jesse Williams would be a considerably better pick than Jenkins. The big Aussie can play anywhere on the DL and would give Fangio a lot more flexibility. Also the Schwenke pick...don't need another interior OL. Kilgore and Looney will compete to see who replaces Goodwin...my money's on Big Joe. Instead, a swing OT would be more appropriate. Your draft also doesn't have a QB. WRT the CB's...I'd take a big CB before I drafted Mathieu.
I believe the reason DJ Hayden is rated lower was because of an injury but he should be on the 49ers' rader

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8608264/houston-dj-hayden-critical-tearing-large-vein-practice
[ Edited by BigYellowKahuna on Apr 1, 2013 at 7:35 AM ]
Originally posted by SFrush:
I like this mock, nice job.
Thank you.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I don't know about the sexy part...but Jesse Williams would be a considerably better pick than Jenkins. The big Aussie can play anywhere on the DL and would give Fangio a lot more flexibility. Also the Schwenke pick...don't need another interior OL. Kilgore and Looney will compete to see who replaces Goodwin...my money's on Big Joe. Instead, a swing OT would be more appropriate. Your draft also doesn't have a QB. WRT the CB's...I'd take a big CB before I drafted Mathieu.
Yeah wasn't sure about Jenkins. If we get Williams though, you'd have to swap him with eric reid or datone jones and I'd rather have reid and jones over williams.

Who knows how Kilgore and Looney will be at center at the pro level. Scwenke is a center and has been a beast at Cal. If Harbaalke are confident in Kilgore and Looney to take over at center then you wont' see this pick.

You're right there should be a qb in there somewhere, although the 49ers don't have to draft one if they pick up a vet qb and are content with him or tolzein as the #2 guy.

Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
I believe the reason DJ Hayden is rated lower was because of an injury but he should be on the 49ers' rader

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8608264/houston-dj-hayden-critical-tearing-large-vein-practice
Yeah Mayock is really talking up Hayden and has been amazed by his tape. He also has solid size at 5'11.

Originally posted by 5280High:
None of your 4th rounders will be there in the 4th round.
Probably not, but one or two of them may slip to the 4th round. Players fall every year. DJ Hayden almost died just months ago from tearing a major vein in his heart. Possibility this causes him to still be there in the 4th round. This draft is a very optimistic scenario.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Apr 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM ]
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:

Good find. And because of this he may last all the way to the 4th round despite his skill set.
Solid mock but I think people put Jones at 31 simply because of the approval rating by the rest of the webzone. We just gave Williams a decent contract as I believe Tomsula knows he is fully capable of taking over as the starter. We also get Dobbs back and we signed Dorsey. Dorsey is our new "youth" on the DL. We will not take Jones at 31, mark this post. At 34, perhaps but I doubt it. DB is a higher priority than DL now with the addition of Dorsey. He was dominant in college just a few years ago and Tomsula will have him playing up to his potential. He can rotate with Smith and McDonald in the base and can rush the passer from DT in the nickel..We will take the best available player of need and DB is now our top priority.
^^^ lol
Originally posted by Sims84:
Solid mock but I think people put Jones at 31 simply because of the approval rating by the rest of the webzone. We just gave Williams a decent contract as I believe Tomsula knows he is fully capable of taking over as the starter. We also get Dobbs back and we signed Dorsey. Dorsey is our new "youth" on the DL. We will not take Jones at 31, mark this post. At 34, perhaps but I doubt it. DB is a higher priority than DL now with the addition of Dorsey. He was dominant in college just a few years ago and Tomsula will have him playing up to his potential. He can rotate with Smith and McDonald in the base and can rush the passer from DT in the nickel..We will take the best available player of need and DB is now our top priority.

Yes I can see that happening. We will still get a DLmen in first few rounds however if we pass on one in the first. Dorsey is not enough and a question mark at nose tackle right now.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Sims84:

Yes I can see that happening. We will still get a DLmen in first few rounds however if we pass on one in the first. Dorsey is not enough and a question mark at nose tackle right now.

We won't need him to be play nose as Williams can do that just fine IMO or we wouldn't of extended him. 90% of the teams can't run on us so we will play in our nickel defense the majority of every game which is will Dorsey will make the most noise from that pass rushing DT spot, not the NT in the 3-4 base
don't see Knile Davis being there that late

Share 49ersWebzone