LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Biggest Bust Thread?

Who do you guys see as being the busts of this draft? We all know who we want, but who do you think is not going to live up to their draft spot. Let's keep it to players that are most likely going to be selected in the first two rounds. Also try to add some thoughts on why...

The two guys I have identified as being overhyped and therefore will most likely be over drafted,

DJ Fluker OT-Alabama, I see him as being an average lineman throughout his career and struggling early on. He needs to get stronger and could be very overrated due to playing on the best o-line in college football.

Tyler Eifert- TE-Notre Dame- I see him as a possession TE who can go up and grab the ball at its' highest point, and that's about it. He will not give you much YAC and is not a game changer by any means.
I kind of disagree on Eifert.. Most tight ends do not have that great of YAC ability and it's not that big of a deal.. Vernon's YAC ability is actually way overrated IMO.. Eifert's a really good blocker and is one of the best I've seen at going up and getting the football and he is a game changer IMO.

But one player I would say could potentially bust is David Amerson.. I don't really think he does anything that well.. Poor tackler, stiff in coverage, and not very quick.. If he can get bigger and improve his tackling, he might be a solid safety, but as a cornerback, he will be a bust
We'll we do disagree about Eifert, which is what makes the draft and the years after so fun to watch. I agree 100% with you on Amerson. I hope the niners are sending smoke signals with their "interest" in him. For being so damn fast, how do you get burned and give up big plays? He is also a crappy shoulder throwing tackler.
Dee Milliner
Originally posted by xela510:
Dee Milliner

It be nice if you put some thought behind your prediction.
I think he is going to be real good, just lacks ball skills, thats why he'll make a great corner and not a WR
Damontre Moore
"Honey Badger"
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Damontre Moore

I'd have to agree. His combine results was so lackluster that he went from a projected top 10 to a late 1st round pick. Some mock drafts were originally mocking him to the Raiders at 3 before he showed up to the NFL combine. A defensive linemen pushing only 12 reps of 225lbs... Smh
Originally posted by Cooper22:
I kind of disagree on Eifert.. Most tight ends do not have that great of YAC ability and it's not that big of a deal.. Vernon's YAC ability is actually way overrated IMO.. Eifert's a really good blocker and is one of the best I've seen at going up and getting the football and he is a game changer IMO.

But one player I would say could potentially bust is David Amerson.. I don't really think he does anything that well.. Poor tackler, stiff in coverage, and not very quick.. If he can get bigger and improve his tackling, he might be a solid safety, but as a cornerback, he will be a bust

Yea Eifert was most their offense at notra dame, I doubt he busts, he's a beast
Manti Te'o.

I think he was exposed against Alabama, then his Combine numbers. I think that he benefitted from a bunch of good games against mediocre opponents with ND and then the ESPN hype machine.

I thoght maybe he would be a Zack Thomas kind of pro - such good instincts that he was always in the right place to make the play, and thus able to make up for not being the most physically gifted LB.

Alabama exposed him - out of position on most plays, then too slow to recover.John Harbaugh's reaction to Manti's 40 yard dash at the combo spoke volumes. Doesn't get up to speed fast, and no top end speed.

Originally posted by highway49:
"Honey Badger"

Really a 3rd or 4th round guy?

Patterson his 1yr experience is a boom or bust prospect
Damontre Moore and Sam Montgomery really jump out to me.
Manti teo for me too, his demeanor or something about him just ain't right.
Share 49ersWebzone