LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

What position is worth trading up for and who would you pick.

What position is worth trading up for and who would you pick.

Sorry to post another poll. But I'm gathering data to see how the rest of the board feels to improve upon my next mock draft with the unrealistic goal of making everyone happy. Also, I'm curious what everyone is thinking. Who do you feel is worth trading up for and why?
[ Edited by NTeply49 on Mar 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM ]
Datone Jones if he's there around mid 20s. Probably the only guy I'd consider moving up without making a huge jump up.
Originally posted by genus49:
Datone Jones if he's there around mid 20s. Probably the only guy I'd consider moving up without making a huge jump up.

I like Datone Jones, I think he is our type of player.
Sitting through the draft waiting for our pick PATIENTLY is not gonna happen for any of us niner fans . We have a treasure trove of picks , and this 49er fan says .. use em ! We all know every draft has its surprises ,so im not sure where we'd have to move up to but these are the guys i'd want us to trade up for .

sharrif floyd or johnathan hankins - dt

werner , mingo or moore - de

rhodes or banks - cb

patterson or austin - wr
I would only trade up in the 1st to nab a top DL that happens to fall within striking distance. I wouldn't trade up higher than 20 because it would require giving up too much in the 2nd and 3rd round in this draft (which will have tons of great talent in that range).

I would trade up to 20 if Datone Jones, Sheldon Richardson, Sharif Floyd or Star Lotulellie is available (the last two are highly unlikely to make it past 15).

I would NOT trade up for a WR.... plenty of very good ones in 2nd round. For the same reason I would also NOT trade up for a DB, there are plenty of good ones (both CBs and FS) that will be availble in the 2nd round or at our current 1st.

I would NOT trade up for a TE. Value for the position is not good enough.

I would NOT trade up for a OLB because it is not a significant need.
Originally posted by bleedredandgold:
Sitting through the draft waiting for our pick PATIENTLY is not gonna happen for any of us niner fans . We have a treasure trove of picks , and this 49er fan says .. use em ! We all know every draft has its surprises ,so im not sure where we'd have to move up to but these are the guys i'd want us to trade up for .

sharrif floyd or johnathan hankins - dt

werner , mingo or moore - de

rhodes or banks - cb

patterson or austin - wr

There is a difference in using your picks for trades and making bad trades. They don't have to trade up in the first to make good use of their picks. This draft is weak at the top and has good talent in the 2nd-3rd rounds.

They're much better off trying to trade either 31 or 34 for a first next year and maybe another pick this year then using their latter picks to try to move up into/in the 2nd/3rd round area.
If we trade up it be for a lock down CB like X.Rhodes he's everything we need bigg fast N can shut half tha field down ... T.Brown is a free agent after this yr N Rogers is old N just ok N IMO I don't think brown will be worth what he could get next yr...
I wouldn't trade up unless there is an extraordinary play-maker available--at whatever position. Austin may be that guy, or Richardson, but there will be good players from 31 through the third round, so I would stand pat. And many of the guys you might trade up for have fallen in many mocks! Eifert, Jones, J Williams have all been projected to the niners in one mock or another.
Originally posted by blm7754:
I would only trade up in the 1st to nab a top DL that happens to fall within striking distance. I wouldn't trade up higher than 20 because it would require giving up too much in the 2nd and 3rd round in this draft (which will have tons of great talent in that range).

I would trade up to 20 if Datone Jones, Sheldon Richardson, Sharif Floyd or Star Lotulellie is available (the last two are highly unlikely to make it past 15).

I would NOT trade up for a WR.... plenty of very good ones in 2nd round. For the same reason I would also NOT trade up for a DB, there are plenty of good ones (both CBs and FS) that will be availble in the 2nd round or at our current 1st.

Agree DL is our priority maybe CB if the top 2 fall in the late teens
Originally posted by Wheelz29:
Originally posted by blm7754:

Agree DL is our priority maybe CB if the top 2 fall in the late teens
The defense looked mediocre at best when J.Smith got injured, might have cost us a SB, DL priority

Originally posted by Wheelz29:
The defense looked mediocre at best when J.Smith got injured, might have cost us a SB, DL priority

I wonder if the offense will look mediocre if CK is injured? Can't really replace J Smith...especially when his back up is out as well.
Trade up for Desmond Trufant or Star
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Defensive end Datone Jones
[ Edited by teeohh on Mar 31, 2013 at 12:51 AM ]
Star, Austin, or maybe Rhodes. They'd have to slide quite a bit though.
I would go into the mid teens for Star Lotulelei. Get the best player available for one of the top two positions of need, the other being S, in a S deep class.

Star is personally my #1 rated player in the draft. He has been all offseason, and nothing will change that

I think alot of people around here stongly underestimate the value a NT like Lotulelei would bring to this team. Add a NT like that, and you can put our name in the hat for quite possibly the most dominate front 7 ever. Alltime.Period. We have neglected adding serious talent to the NT position since we made the switch to the 3-4. Thats a long time to not truely invest at the NT position.
Share 49ersWebzone