There are 417 users in the forums

My Dream first 4 rounds of 49er draft picks

Round 1 Margus Hunt - I watched him play and he was an absolute beast. He literally manhandles O lineman with is strength. Would rotate with Justin Smith and Ray McDonad for a season or 2. Scouts compare him to Calais Campbell. Set school record for blocked kicks. He has a huge celing and would a good successor to Justin Smith.

Round 2 I: Jesse Williams - NT That can step in and play right now. Runs a 4.78 at 6'4 323. That means he has the ability to run down a scrambling QB in the backfield (Russell Wilson). Played NT for Nick Saban at Alabama so he has been tested and successful in college footballs highest level of competition.

Round 2 II: Bacarri Rambo - Dashon Goldson Part 2? Physical player (with an F) that loves to hit and was productive in the best conference in college football. Will compete for a starting job from Day1.

Round 3 I: Tyrann Mathieu. The Honey Badger has noted off field concerns, but he is a flat out playmaker on the field and would help the team on both defense and special teams. He would be the most exciting DB we have had since Prime Time in '94.

Round 3 II: Da'Rick Rogers - Small School WR who is big, physical, and a playmaker the moment he steps on the field. Would benefit from a year under Boldin before sliding in to take over for him once he moves on.

Round 4: Dion Sims: TE Reliable target that is already a good blocker. Compete for substantial playing time right away with the departure of Delaine Walker.
[ Edited by 49ersfansince90 on Mar 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM ]
No thanks ur dream is my nightmare ...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
No thanks ur dream is my nightmare ...

i think Rambo isn't good enough to be a 2nd round pick, and I don't want Yolo Williams either.
If we're talking about dreams...

1. Datone Jones
2a. Jonathan Cyprien
2b. David Amerson
3a. Brandon Williams
3b. Travis Kelce
4a. Corey Lemonier
4b. Tharold Simon
Originally posted by genus49:
If we're talking about dreams...

1. Datone Jones
2a. Jonathan Cyprien
2b. David Amerson
3a. Brandon Williams
3b. Travis Kelce
4a. Corey Lemonier
4b. Tharold Simon

This is similar to my first 4. I just took two safeties instead of one
What's with all the love for Jesse Williams? What the hell did he do to warrant early selection? From the games I watched I never heard his name and his stats show the same. Obviously im not a fan YOLO F#CK NO
Originally posted by 49ers808:
What's with all the love for Jesse Williams? What the hell did he do to warrant early selection? From the games I watched I never heard his name and his stats show the same. Obviously im not a fan YOLO F#CK NO

I'm not a huge Williams fan but stats aren't everything especially for an inside guy.
If we are talking dreams,

Trade all our picks for 6 or 7 2nd round picks

Cornelius Carradine - DE
Kawann Short - DT
Eric Reid - FS
David Amerson - CB
Justin Hunter - WR
Zach Ertz - TE
Jonathan Cyprien - SS

We would never lose a game again.
You forgot our 4th rd comp pick.
I love it. Though I think Jesse Williams will go before Hunt and Rogers will go before Mathieu. I also think Rambo is more of a 3rd round prospect. David Amerson may be a better pick at 61.

So how about this:

31 - Jesse Williams
34 - Margus Hunt
61 - David Amerson
74 - Da'Rick Rogers
94 - Tyrann Mathieu

Perhaps trade some 4-6 round picks to get another 3rd and pick Travis Kelce (TE).

BLM...you're right to project a big CB before Mathieu...for all his explosiveness, he's a smallish player (5-7) and we really need size in our secondary. Actually, I really like your first 5 picks.
No lie I had a dream where we traded a mess of picks to get two mid first rounders ad took vaccaro and austin.
1.cyprien fs
2. Hunt de
2. Jenkins Dt
3. TJ McDonald ss (could be a steal in this draft)
3. Mathieu cb
4. Sims te
4. Backup QB
Not a fan of hunt at all, even if he was a younger prospect.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Not a fan of hunt at all, even if he was a younger prospect.

Have you watched him play? I watched the entire game against Fresno and they couldn't block him and he looked like a man among boys.

Originally posted by 49ers808:

Jesse Williams is 320+ athletic and immediately started for 'Bama. Not to mention that NT generally aren't glamorous or have stats that jump out at you. What were Haloti's numbers at Oregon?
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
BLM...you're right to project a big CB before Mathieu...for all his explosiveness, he's a smallish player (5-7) and we really need size in our secondary. Actually, I really like your first 5 picks.

Honey Badger is 5'9 and a flat out playmaker. I like bigger corner too, but will they make impact plays on defense and special teams?
Share 49ersWebzone