LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

McShay 3/28 Mock -- Two rounds

John Jenkins
Zach Ertz
John Cyprien

Not my personal favorite threesome, but all three are players I could see the Niners being interested in.

He has Datone Jones undrafted through 2...
Won't be Jenkins. Too one dimensional.
Originally posted by 60sfan:

agreed, and Cyprien falling to the late 2nd?
Not crazy about this draft.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Not crazy about this draft.

Me either.
I like John Jenkins, but not at #31. He's seems like a 3rd or 4th rounder in my eyes. I don't know...I'm just not as high on him as others. I would rather have the guy McShay projects at #30, Cornellius Carradine. McShay must have forgotten about Datone Jones. No way he lasts until the 3rd round. He probably won't make it out of the 1st.

Zach Ertz makes sense. He's a well rounded TE who the coaching staff is very familiar with. It's tough to tell how big a need TE is. It ultimately comes down to how much we like Celek, and if we still plan on using a lot of 2 TE sets.

I would love to get Cyprien. Not sure he'll be there at 61. It seems like his stock has risen to late 1st - early 2nd range, but you never know.
Seems like the 31st pick jonh Jenkins and the 61st pick Jonathan cyprien. Should be swaped. Jonathan cyprien stock has risen to the late first early second and John Jenkins is more like a late second or third round pick in my opinion.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Swap Jenkins for Jesse Williams, then we're talking.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:

I agree, Jesse Williams would be a much better pick, a NT that can move. But after his 40 I doubt he'll be there when we pick, I can see the Patriots taking him at 29 or the Falcons at 30.

If 3 quarterbacks go in the first round someone we never expected will fall to us. John Jenkins appears to have fitness issues. The 49ers are a team that is superbly conditioned.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
If 3 quarterbacks go in the first round someone we never expected will fall to us. John Jenkins appears to have fitness issues. The 49ers are a team that is superbly conditioned.

Yeah, Jenkins in the first seems like a reach.
Not a fan of Ertz. Got embarrassed against Oregon.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dhp318:
Not a fan of Ertz. Got embarrassed against Oregon.

Short arms.
Originally posted by 60sfan:

Originally posted by mayo49:

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Yeah, Jenkins in the first seems like a reach.

Originally posted by 49ergold:
Seems like the 31st pick jonh Jenkins and the 61st pick Jonathan cyprien. Should be swaped. Jonathan cyprien stock has risen to the late first early second and John Jenkins is more like a late second or third round pick in my opinion.

Just wondering how much Georgia football you guys have seen. Not necessarily highlight/lowlights...actual game play.

Because John Jenkins was THE anchor of that defense...the SAME defense that he would play within in San Francisco. Jarvis Jones and Alec Ogletree are talented players...neither one gets first round consideration without the exploits of Jenkins in the middle. I think you guys are really selling him short. A 359 pound bowling ball that has short area quickness and great upper body strength.

I have come to the realization that Sheldon Richardson won't be around when we pick...Jenkins was always the second option. You cannot attempt to single block him.
[ Edited by reasonable1 on Mar 29, 2013 at 3:47 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone