LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Pick one

Pick one

Co-owner with another niners fan in a mock draft.

2 picks away and I'm targetting Patton, he likes Rogers.

Help us decide.

FYI this is at #61

We took Kewann Short and Jonathan Cyprien so far.
I'd go with Patton for sure. He doesn't have the red flags that Rogers has. Patton is a better route runner and gives better effort. Patton's been much higher ranked on every draft source I have come across.
Dislike tha first two picks so blow it up N pick whoever
I'd go with Rogers. The red flags, the failed drug tests, are major flags for sure, but he's shown up at Tennessee Tech and performed very well. Prior to his dismissal, college analysts felt that he was the better of the three receivers in Tennessee (Patterson and Hunter). He's grown from his experiences and his interviews at the combine were known to be very good, understanding the mistakes he made.

He reminds me of a faster Anquan Boldin, as far as his playing style. Very physical, good run blocker, great hands, and snatches the ball. If we drafted him, having him learn from Boldin could be a huge advantage.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

And you dislike them why?
Frm what I've read on short he's doesn't fit well in our system N cyprein is a all hyped work out warrior gets drafted high N bombs out ... along with being to much like goldson which I wasn't always happy with N head over heels like tha rest....
Frm what I've read on short he's doesn't fit well in our system N cyprein is a all hyped work out warrior gets drafted high N bombs out ... along with being to much like goldson which I wasn't always happy with N head over heels like tha rest....

So basically you watched neither player and are going off what you read?

Just because Short is a better fit as a 3 Tech doesn't mean he doesn't have the skillset to be a very good DE for us. I'm confident with his physical skillsets and how he plays with Tomsula's coaching he can certainly be a good backup for us early and start after Justin or Ray Mac leave.

Cyprien isn't a workout warrior. The guy is just what the 49ers look for in their players - someone who plays all out football. He has the physical tools and with NFL level coaching and good talent around him can be a hell of a safety.
Originally posted by genus49:

So basically you watched neither player and are going off what you read?

Just because Short is a better fit as a 3 Tech doesn't mean he doesn't have the skillset to be a very good DE for us. I'm confident with his physical skillsets and how he plays with Tomsula's coaching he can certainly be a good backup for us early and start after Justin or Ray Mac leave.

Cyprien isn't a workout warrior. The guy is just what the 49ers look for in their players - someone who plays all out football. He has the physical tools and with NFL level coaching and good talent around him can be a hell of a safety.

Will if u wanna upgrade me phone or got a free computer hookup then yup goin off what I read ....
Share 49ersWebzone