There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Another Nice 49er Draft Read article

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/san-francisco-49ers-top-six-draft-needs-200000985--nfl.html;_ylt=Ahz9w_cuXi4HtVsqodZsbxWP7Ox_;_ylu=X3oDMTRxZWV1aTB0BGNjb2RlA3ZzaGFyZWFnMnVwcmVzdARtaXQDTWl4ZWQgTGlzdCBOZXdzIEZvciBZb3UEcGtnAzIzM2E4NmVjLWFlYzMtM2E2ZS1hZjlkLWVkMjY1ZjFjY2FlZgRwb3MDNQRzZWMDbmV3c19mb3JfeW91BHZlcgM1YzFjYzc3MC05NzFhLTExZTItYmViZS1jMzc0MzY2YTgyZTU-;_ylg=X3oDMTJ2ZGk5NmU4BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDMTUwNTUzNDEtNDQ1My0zYTU4LWJmNGUtYTRlZTJhZDA2YWJhBHBzdGNhdANob21lfGV4cGVydHMEcHQDc3RvcnlwYWdl;_ylv=3
LOL Cohn is such trash, can't believe Yahoo published his crap on their site.
#stopcohn
Surprised he doesn't list Jordan Reed as a Delanie replacement. He acts like no TEs in this class have experience lining up as an H-back.
Honestly, the better play is to move VD to Walkers spot and have a traditional TE with height and size like Eifert playing where VD did. Watching defenses try to keep track of VD all over the damn field would be a freaking nightmare and also leave things open for our taller, better handed traditional TE in the middle of the field.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Honestly, the better play is to move VD to Walkers spot and have a traditional TE with height and size like Eifert playing where VD did. Watching defenses try to keep track of VD all over the damn field would be a freaking nightmare and also leave things open for our taller, better handed traditional TE in the middle of the field.

Great idea. Given that Vernon is a bigger stronger faster DWalk and eifert or ertz maybe available at 34
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
Great idea. Given that Vernon is a bigger stronger faster DWalk and eifert or ertz maybe available at 34

IMO it would be unwise to use the 1st rounder on a TE.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
Originally posted by bigwads:

Really like that idea with VD... hope the FO considers it. But I'm not sure about the "better handed" part--no guaranteed any TE from the draft is going to be better from the get go. Also, I'm not underestimating Celek... he just might be a darkhorse for the offense, and a really good one.
is the need for a big cornerback being overstated....i mean julio jones got one long td in the playoff game because of a busted coverage, not because the corner wasnt tall enough to cover him...boldin outmuscled rogers for the ball in the superbowl...a guy who can cover, no matter what size, would fit their needs better imo