LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Who will you be disappointed with if we draft him?

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
LOL at people saying Margus Hunt mainly because of his age

Hey age is apart of tha business ...plus words like raw N potential on a old rookie scares me ...

you know what? you're absolutely right. but IMO, those factors should really be taken under consideration for a team that's bad or rebuilding. we have a great team. a superbowl caliber team that can afford to take a chance on a guy like Hunt in the 1st or 2nd round. age doesn't worry me as much because he won't be starting, regardless. but if guys like Tomsula and Justin Smith can get a hold of him and have Hunt learn from them, he could be really good.
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:
LOL at people saying Margus Hunt mainly because of his age

Hey age is apart of tha business ...plus words like raw N potential on a old rookie scares me ...

Still want even if erectile dysfunction as a rookie

Atleast we know what u want N look for in a player now
Originally posted by pdizo916:
any kicker, punter, QB or ILB

Every other position is fair game. (EVEN OL)

U do know grant N gooden haven't been resigned so maybe a ILB would be a draft thought ...
Zack Ertz
Sylvester Williams
Matt Elam
Of the guys I have seen mocked to us, only Elam and Hunt. Sylvester Williams scares me, but I likely have an unnatural fear because of our past with Balmer.

For the people that would be disappointed with Keenan Allen dropping, you should have your heads examined.
Originally posted by FearItself:
Of the guys I have seen mocked to us, only Elam and Hunt. Sylvester Williams scares me, but I likely have an unnatural fear because of our past with Balmer.

For the people that would be disappointed with Keenan Allen dropping, you should have your heads examined.

why would you be mad if we got Elam?
Any DE not a pass rusher high in the draft
Leon Sandcastle, he's just not what he used to be.
Originally posted by smithc28:
I would say Margus Hunt but if Tomsula thinks he can turn him into a monster on D-Line then who am I to argue.

I wouldn't be keen on a secondary player with either of the first two picks, I think we can get more impact on the D-Line and on the offence with a TE and or a receiver. But again, I'm not the one with all the tape and the lifetime of expert analysis.

D*MN really u don't think we need secondary help did u not see us get used N abused in tha playoffs? ?? N u do know safety counts as secondary help which we need after losing goldson...an with T.brown, whitner becoming free agents next yr we need replacements waiting ...

our corners were good throughout the season. it's not a coincidence that they were getting torched when Justin Smith got hurt and Aldon disappeared. a defense needs a consistent pass rush in order for the secondary to succeed. that goes for EVERY team.

we can answer our safety problems in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Thanks for that, saved me from saying it
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Just want to say...this list is around 80% of the first round talent likely to be available when we pick. Basically it seems like this thread is a circumspect way of saying I will pissed if they dont pick the guy I want them too.

Not true. I'm cool with Hunt, D. Jones, Jesse Williams, Austin, Hopkins, Cyprien, Reid, any CB, any OLB...

I just know that if I hear one of those names I mentioned, my first reaction will be a feeling of disappointment. That doesn't mean I won't get on board after a couple days, but that first, gut reaction will be disappointment.

Funny so many have picked Sly Williams, who is one of the guys I'd love to get at 31. Of course, it seems at least half of you don't want him just because of Balmer which is absurd.

It's hard for me to pick guys that I don't want when we pick so late. Prior to the 2012 draft, I had 4-5 guys every season that I absolutely did not want (Gabbert was the main one in 2011). It's so hard to predict what Baalke is going to do and I just assume he's going to "reach" at 31 anyway.
i agree with your names. BUt I honestly have to say it depends on who's there when we pick. Like last year, I was more disappointed at the fact that Fleener, Brian Quick, Janoris Jenkins and other first round calibur guys were there that could have helped a need, not really at the fact that we took Jenkins.
I really want T.Austin so that the Rams dont get him lol, plus I heard that NIners are going to host him.
Originally posted by smithc28:
I would say Margus Hunt but if Tomsula thinks he can turn him into a monster on D-Line then who am I to argue.

I wouldn't be keen on a secondary player with either of the first two picks, I think we can get more impact on the D-Line and on the offence with a TE and or a receiver. But again, I'm not the one with all the tape and the lifetime of expert analysis.

D*MN really u don't think we need secondary help did u not see us get used N abused in tha playoffs? ?? N u do know safety counts as secondary help which we need after losing goldson...an with T.brown, whitner becoming free agents next yr we need replacements waiting ...

our corners were good throughout the season. it's not a coincidence that they were getting torched when Justin Smith got hurt and Aldon disappeared. a defense needs a consistent pass rush in order for the secondary to succeed. that goes for EVERY team.

we can answer our safety problems in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I agree to a degree, we no longer have Dashon and that is a lot of experience that went with him, with that, since the picks are so close together, I would say safety if a good one is available then DL, or bpa of the two who will have more of an impact. Then a TE, use one of the the third round pick on CB
I don't want Slyvester Williams with either of our 1st 2 picks but if we can get him with our last 2nd round pick that's good value. He's a very good player with limited experience who's a good leader. I'm a big UNC fan and although I think he lacks some of the mental part of the game and some closing ability in the backfield he's a heck of a physical specimen and could really be a good player if developed right.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
if your mad about who the 49ers Draft then why call yourself a 49ers fan you should be happy and appriciate who the niners get

Ok, I won't get mad and I'll try not to be upset (not even for a moment)... God forbid the Niners take a look at this
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/3/3/4060638/lauren-silberman-injury-female-kicker-tryout
Share 49ersWebzone