There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who will you be disappointed with if we draft him?

Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Any wide receiver.

A TE is somewhat tolerable.

Curious how far you'd take this. If we drafted 14 players and one was a WR, and the WR wasn't taken until round 5 or 6, would that pick disappoint you? Personally I'd be a bit confused by picking a WR in the first two rounds, but our WR group could definitely use an infusion of young talent if the price is right.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Only one that will truly disappoint me is Hunt.
+1
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Curious how far you'd take this. If we drafted 14 players and one was a WR, and the WR wasn't taken until round 5 or 6, would that pick disappoint you? Personally I'd be a bit confused by picking a WR in the first two rounds, but our WR group could definitely use an infusion of young talent if the price is right.

Meant 1st round. Don't mind a 3rd round or Day 3 pick at all.
I think Jon Jenkins will be a good nose tackle but I think that's all he can be, just a clogger and I don't think that's a top priority for us. I don't see him being as good as a Wilfork. I think Hankins and Williams can play DE and even be DT in nickel. I think Hunt would be a big reach too.
But alas, I will give way to the experts who are running the team.
AJ Jenkins










oops wrong draft..............
[ Edited by dugo on Mar 27, 2013 at 10:48 PM ]
A TE in the 1st.
  • J49er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 54
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
What players would make you really disappointed if we drafted them at 31 or 34?

For me:
Jonathan Hankins
Jon Jenkins
Kawann Short
Sylvester Williams
Keenan Allen

To some degree:
A TE.


Why Keenan Allen? This guy is a stud 6'3 reciever who looks like a you g Fitzgerald when healthy
Originally posted by J49er:
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
What players would make you really disappointed if we drafted them at 31 or 34?

For me:
Jonathan Hankins
Jon Jenkins
Kawann Short
Sylvester Williams
Keenan Allen

To some degree:
A TE.


Why Keenan Allen? This guy is a stud 6'3 reciever who looks like a you g Fitzgerald when healthy

Maybe he wants to keep the streak of not drafting guys from cal???
Originally posted by dugo:
AJ Jenkins










oops wrong draft..............

Really wow it's been one yr I can't wait to see him break out N have a awesome yr N everybody that hated on him will be eating crow or on his nuts loving him ...
if your mad about who the 49ers Draft then why call yourself a 49ers fan you should be happy and appriciate who the niners get
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
if your mad about who the 49ers Draft then why call yourself a 49ers fan you should be happy and appriciate who the niners get

Wasn't happy with Jenkins.....still not happy with Jenkins.

Hated the Balmer pick, hated the Mays pick, I can go on.
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
if your mad about who the 49ers Draft then why call yourself a 49ers fan you should be happy and appriciate who the niners get

This is BS I love my 49ers doesn't mean I gotta luv everything they do or everyone they sign N/or draft ..
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
if your mad about who the 49ers Draft then why call yourself a 49ers fan you should be happy and appriciate who the niners get

On this basis you are presumably happy and appreciative about the signing of Lawrence Philips in 1999?

No? Then lets not be silly. Being a fan does not mean you have to surrender any critical appraisal.
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
What players would make you really disappointed if we drafted them at 31 or 34?

For me:
Jonathan Hankins
Jon Jenkins
Kawann Short
Sylvester Williams
Keenan Allen

To some degree:
A TE.
Why be disappointed? any one of them are projected to drop to 31, BUT i would be disappointed if the Niners draft Margus Hunt and on your list i'd be disappointed if they get Sylvester Williams.. Just because the last time the niners Drafted someone from North Carolina in the 1st round, it didnt go so well and a major BUST! ( Not worth typing his name ) lol .
I would say Margus Hunt but if Tomsula thinks he can turn him into a monster on D-Line then who am I to argue.

I wouldn't be keen on a secondary player with either of the first two picks, I think we can get more impact on the D-Line and on the offence with a TE and or a receiver. But again, I'm not the one with all the tape and the lifetime of expert analysis.