There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do you want us to draft a pure NT ...or a defensive lineman that can play both NT and DE ?

there is a lot of raw talent at NT in this draft , theres a few 330 + pound NT's in the draft , do you prefer we draft a big space eating NT that commands double teams, like a Ted Washington / Casey Hampton kind of player , or grab a big motor defensive lineman that is versatile and has the size to play both NT and DE, like a Jay Ratliff ? 300-310 pound lineman with speed that can play all 3 spots on the d-line

personally I would love to have a big dawg anchoring the defensive line from the NT position, a big strong mutha that allows our DE's & OLB's to rush the passer ....if we dont grab one with one of our first 4 picks, I'd like to see us go after a pure NT with one of our 3rd or 4th round picks

what about you guys ???
Fangio has stated ( I believe) that he likes the smaller, quicker NTs that also hold the POA well. Sopoaga also wasn't 1-gapping all of the time. This day and age, teams are better off with the penetrating 1 gapper. The excellent old-school 2-gappers taking on constant doubles are just rare to find... and the run game has (for the majority) taken a back seat to the high powered pass game.

Me? I don't really care for the 3-4 to begin with. Especially having a RE talent like Aldon.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I want an impure, immoral, perverse, blaspheming, scurrilous, evil nose tackle.

I do NOT care particularly how big he is, but I want him to squash the run, and push the pocket into the quarterback's nose.

Where we draft him is not a critical issue, as long as we draft him. Ideally, we get him in the 7th, and he turns out to be an All Pro.

edit: forgot the not.
[ Edited by buck on Mar 27, 2013 at 1:14 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
I want an impure, immoral, perverse, blaspheming, scurrilous, evil nose tackle.

I do care particularly how big he is, but I want him to squash the run, and push the pocket into the quarterback's nose.

Where we draft is not a critical issue, as long as we draft him. Ideally, we get him in the 7th, and he turns out to be an All Pro.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Jessee Williams for the win.
Just my opinion, but I think having 3 penetrating D-lineman prevents the O-line from effectively double-teaming anyone, which allows Aldon and Ahmad to do their thing.

The two guys I think fit that bill are Sheldon Richardson and Kawann Short.
Sylvester Williams 6' 3'' 315 13.5 tackles for loss and 6 sacks 42 tackles could play NT and DT or DE on our line we dont just want a one trick pony its turned into a pass happy NFL...i think the Niners trade down 34 to 40 or 41 and pick Cyprien or Reid.