5.157 Robert Lester SS Alabama

5.164 Tharold Simon CB LSU

6.180 Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin

7.227 Brett Maher K Nebraska

7.237 Mike Purcell DT Wyoming

7.246 Craig Roh DE Michigan

7.252 We Horton DE/OLB USC

[ Edited by rafachivas12 on Mar 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM ]
Overall, it would keep a smile on my face all week.

A+ picks are: Datone J. and Sims
B+ pick are: Banks and Lester
The rest: C/C+ decent, but I'd prefer others likely available.
Love the first 5 picks
Sad thing is Jones N banks maybe gone by tha time our picks happen .. I think if we want Jones we'll have to move up 6-8 picks N banks could go to Jacksonville if he's there at #33 they lost/cut a few CBs .... I'd rather have B.Williams at DT/NT ... IMO if we took a RB at all its just a wasted pick N yrs I know gore getting old few injury guys buy we could take a RB next yr RBs translate frm college to NFL easily ...
Love everything but the RB in 4th. Good job!
  • J49er
  • Veteran
First 5 would leave me ecstatic
Originally posted by niners9:
Love everything but the RB in 4th. Good job!

Agree with this.
Some of these picks are just a i wish it happens.
McDonald's not the S we need...while he did play FS and SS at USC, he was also protected during his senior season so he wouldn't get caught up in coverage. He projects as a SS in the NFL...and his NFL.com draft profile scores him at 66.5. By contrast, Phillip Thomas's score is 74.5...he's a true FS and a real ballhawk. Overcame a broken leg and dislocated ankle to have a terrific senior season...led the nation w/8 picks, 3 returned for TD's. Matt Elam grades out at 80.0...fine all-around S...big hitter, good in coverage. Consistently among top 3-4 S in the country. Jonathan Cyprien scored 90.6...and his stock is definitely rising. Even with that grade, the profile mentioned he gets sucked in by play-action, allowing receivers to get behind him. Sound like somebody else we know? Kenny Vaccaro scored 87.7...with Cyprien's rise on draft boards, KV may not be the first S chosen now. As for the Niners, I like Phillip Thomas...not only for his ballhawking skills, but he's a warrior. You don't come back from serious leg injuries with the kind of senior season he had if you're not. Sorry for the long S saga, but it's important to know who the best prospects are. I like your idea of beefing up the DL with a couple of "bigs"...just can't do it at the expense of one of the best S. Really, I like the rest of your draft.