LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

My 7 round mock

Nice draft but I don't think Eric Reid will drop to the 3rd. Bacarri Rambo or Phillip Thomas have better chance of being there in the 3rd but that's just my opinion.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by dlance:
Bjoern Werner is most likely gone way before pick 31. why do so many of these mock draft have the 49er taking a HURT RB in the 3 or 4th round. NO hurt RB no to Marcus Lattimore RB. He is most likely not going to play next year. If he is there in the 6th take him. let him sit the year and get better. They can find someone that can play in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Matt Elam i think is 5'8" not really 5'10. and yes for a safty it matters. a deep pass over his head would suck. I know he is a good player but he is still short. Im not a big fan of this draft. No thanks

Um, everyone knows that Lattimore won't be playing next year already. The point of taking Lattimore is that the 49ers have a crapload of picks, Lattimore is a guy who would be a 1st rounder if healthy, since the 49ers don't need a RB urgently but need one to replace Gore eventually, taking Lattimore is sound strategy as you simply put him on IR and let him recover with NFL doctors and therapy. The 49ers have the luxury of spending a late 3rd rounder or even 4th rounder on a guy with top of the 1st round talent.

Phoenix I Like hearing your opinion because its not alway the same as mine. I have never seen Lattimore play and he could be the next perterson but if he was that he would not be there in the 3rd or 4th round. I think they can get a good football player in the 3rd and 4th round that will play this year and many more. He may never be what he was and I would rather they pick a WR or a CB really almost any position in the 3rd or 4th more then a hurt RB. If he is there later in the draft take him and sit him. I just think it is to early to draft a hurt player and hope that a year later he will be able to play. In Next years Draft there will be a good RB, Draft one next year.
Phoenix I Like hearing your opinion because its not alway the same as mine. I have never seen Lattimore play and he could be the next perterson but if he was that he would not be there in the 3rd or 4th round. I think they can get a good football player in the 3rd and 4th round that will play this year and many more. He may never be what he was and I would rather they pick a WR or a CB really almost any position in the 3rd or 4th more then a hurt RB. If he is there later in the draft take him and sit him. I just think it is to early to draft a hurt player and hope that a year later he will be able to play. In Next years Draft there will be a good RB, Draft one next year.

They said the same thing about Gore. The thing is, Lattimore represents TREMENDOUS value in the late 3rd.......considering where they are talking about in the draft, its not like anyone else they select will likely be much of a contributor in their first year. Meanwhile Lattimore is a franchise back that gives the 49ers a natural transition from Gore as he retires or moves on.

Also, as you've never seen Lattimore play, it suffices to say that you can't make any sort of judgment in regards to whether or not he is worth the pick or not. If it comes down to the either 49ers trading their pick away for a higher pick next year or drafting a guy like Lattimore this year and letting him sit and at least learn the system, I'm going with Lattimore. He's a tremendous talent and a special running back and with all the picks the 49ers have, they can easily afford to select a guy, put him on the IR and have him ready to go in 2014.

Also, its entirely possible that Lattimore will be healthy enough to contribute during the 2013 season, however, the 49ers really wouldn't NEED him, and he would have time to sit watch and develop as a player, and then take over Gore's job the following season.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM ]
They said the same thing about Gore. The thing is, Lattimore represents TREMENDOUS value in the late 3rd.......considering where they are talking about in the draft, its not like anyone else they select will likely be much of a contributor in their first year. Meanwhile Lattimore is a franchise back that gives the 49ers a natural transition from Gore as he retires or moves on.

Also, as you've never seen Lattimore play, it suffices to say that you can't make any sort of judgment in regards to whether or not he is worth the pick or not. If it comes down to the either 49ers trading their pick away for a higher pick next year or drafting a guy like Lattimore this year and letting him sit and at least learn the system, I'm going with Lattimore. He's a tremendous talent and a special running back and with all the picks the 49ers have, they can easily afford to select a guy, put him on the IR and have him ready to go in 2014.

Gore was not on IR his rookie year so there not alike at all. Gore was ready to play he was hurt in collage. i think he played in almost all there game his rookie year. If lattimore was ready to play OK draft him in the 3rd I would be great with that.
Werner could happen, there will be some surprises at 31. Will the Niners deal?
Werner falling to 31, get real.
If Werner was to fall to us why would we take him.everything I read saying he's a 4-3 Guy N before y'all start in with J.Smith please don't two totally different players Smith was signed N had NFL EXPERIENCE ...I wouldn't wanna take a chance N hope he'll become a good 3-4 DE I'd rather take D.Jones who's perfect for us N fits in our system ... N please no lattimore pick frm what I've heard he's been injured in back to back yrs N both bigg injuries ... N yea yea gore this gore that two different guys gore wasn't injured in back to back yrs(I think)N we can draft a RB next yr RBs translate easy to NFL play ...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
If Werner was to fall to us why would we take him.everything I read saying he's a 4-3 Guy N before y'all start in with J.Smith please don't two totally different players Smith was signed N had NFL EXPERIENCE ...I wouldn't wanna take a chance N hope he'll become a good 3-4 DE I'd rather take D.Jones who's perfect for us N fits in our system ... N please no lattimore pick frm what I've heard he's been injured in back to back yrs N both bigg injuries ... N yea yea gore this gore that two different guys gore wasn't injured in back to back yrs(I think)N we can draft a RB next yr RBs translate easy to NFL play ...

I'd rather Datone too, but if you really watch some old games of Werner, you would really see that it could be a chance worth taking.

Gore was not on IR his rookie year so there not alike at all. Gore was ready to play he was hurt in collage. i think he played in almost all there game his rookie year. If lattimore was ready to play OK draft him in the 3rd I would be great with that.

Who would you choose at RB? My choice would be Knile Davis in the 4th round or his replacement Dennis Johnson in the 6th round.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Who would you choose at RB? My choice would be Knile Davis in the 4th round or his replacement Dennis Johnson in the 6th round.

I do not know what RB they should take. Im not agianst Lattimore. I just against taking a hurt player in the 3rd round that they are going to need to put on IR for his first year. Knile Davis would be good to have. If Hunter is going to be ok Im not sure if they take a RB early. Not this year. Maybe next year they think about it. If hunter is not doing well then they should take a RB sooner.

I do not know what RB they should take. Im not agianst Lattimore. I just against taking a hurt player in the 3rd round that they are going to need to put on IR for his first year. Knile Davis would be good to have. If Hunter is going to be ok Im not sure if they take a RB early. Not this year. Maybe next year they think about it. If hunter is not doing well then they should take a RB sooner.

Players get hurt. It's football. No reason not to take a good player, even if he has to sit for a year. Tank Carradine was considered a 1st rounder til he got hurt, I'd take him in a minute at our 2nd pick in the 2nd round and consider it a steal if he was there in the 3rd. His teammate, Brandon Jenkins, is the same way. You think towards the future, not just 1 season. If you have a chance for a guy who could be great for 7-8 years, but has to sit his first, you wouldn't take him? I don't see any reason you wouldn't take that gamble. We have enough picks that we can roll the dice on a few boom/bust guys.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Players get hurt. It's football. No reason not to take a good player, even if he has to sit for a year. Tank Carradine was considered a 1st rounder til he got hurt, I'd take him in a minute at our 2nd pick in the 2nd round and consider it a steal if he was there in the 3rd. His teammate, Brandon Jenkins, is the same way. You think towards the future, not just 1 season. If you have a chance for a guy who could be great for 7-8 years, but has to sit his first, you wouldn't take him? I don't see any reason you wouldn't take that gamble. We have enough picks that we can roll the dice on a few boom/bust guys.

I understand what your saying. So where were player like Dion Jordan,C. Patterson, and even Manti Te'o going to be drafted? Jordon and Patterson where not first rounders, Manti was being talked about top ten. Player go up and down the draft bord. If Carradine and Lattimore are the next LT and Peterson at LB and RB then I do understand why someone would draft them even if there hurt. But using your logic they are great value the 49er have alot of pick so they should draft both of these guy in the second round. so they take Carrandine with 34 and lattimore with 61. both of there knee never come back and now how does this years draft class look. Or, there Knee both trun out great and the 49er look so smart. However the 2 player are going to be free agent after only playing for 4 years because they sat out the first so that will not help. Im sorry but the guys got hurt. If they where going to play this year Take a chance and draft the guy. but if they have to sit out the year that make them fall down the draft bord more. If there not going to play this year I would not draft the player before the late 4th or 5th round.
No thanks to Matt Elam. Donte Whitner 2.0
With the Dorsey signing, Harbaalke's telling us they like/want "bigs" who can play anywhere on the DL. That would preclude Werner...or anyone like him. With guys like Datone Jones, the Williams' (Jesse & Sly), Short and a whole host of others who can play DE and DT, I don't see Baalke taking a one-dimensional DL. Overall, though, I like your mock.
Bjoern Werner is most likely gone way before pick 31. why do so many of these mock draft have the 49er taking a HURT RB in the 3 or 4th round. NO hurt RB no to Marcus Lattimore RB. He is most likely not going to play next year. If he is there in the 6th take him. let him sit the year and get better. They can find someone that can play in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Matt Elam i think is 5'8" not really 5'10. and yes for a safty it matters. a deep pass over his head would suck. I know he is a good player but he is still short. Im not a big fan of this draft. No thanks

wow, have you seen how good are team is? we can afford to pick a running back like Lattimore, who was considered the top running back prior to his injury. the guy is an absolute stud and he would basically red shirt his first year with us.

Matt Elam measured in at 5'10'' at the combine. so that means he is 5'10'' lol. you know who else is under 6 feet? safeties like troy polamalu, eric weddle, ed reed, donte whitner. doesn't matter if Elam is 5'10''. the guy can play.
Share 49ersWebzone