There are 420 users in the forums

Dynasty Mock v1.0 with a lot of trades

Getting in on the fun and creating my own mock draft. I feel that safety is our biggest need, so I found myself gravitating towards Kenny Vacarro. But to get Vacarro, I feel we have to jump up to get him. I also feel that on day one of the draft, the QB's will go higher than they should and that will leave a team wanting to get back into the bottom of the first round in order to secure their QB. Buffalo is the needy team in my scenario trying to jump ahead of the Jaguars.

I also predict the 49ers will sign Awesomewah, so no CB taken in this draft.

49ers trade #34 and #61 to Chicago for #20. (852 pts to 850)
#20: Kenny Vacarro, S

I do NOT want to have Dahl win a starting job as our FS! Vacarro is the best safety and will compete with a possible free agent (Woodson?)

49ers trade #31 to the Bills for #41, #143, and a 3rd round pick in 2014. (600 pts to 614.5, 3rd rounder valued at half for 90 pts)
#41: Zach Ertz, TE
Walker's replacement but a much better pass catcher. TE is a big need in this offense and Walker was a big part of it, we need someone to come fill that void immediately.

49ers trade #74, #93, and # 237 to Green Bay for pick #55 (349.7 pts to 350).
#55: Margus Hunt, DE
Hunt comes in and learns from the best and provides immediately to the rotation and keeps Smith fresh. I really like this guy and want him on the 49ers. I wasn't excited about taking him with a 1st or high 2nd pick, but at #55, this is great value for the risk/reward.

49ers trade #157 and # 180 to Green Bay for pick #122 (50 pts to 50).
#122: William Gholston, DE

49ers need rotation for MacDonald as well. Gholston can compete with Hunt and Dobbs for a spot on the line.

#128: Cornelius Washington, OLB/DE
Maddog's player, provides relief for Aldon and Brooks.

#131: Marcus Lattimore, RB
Gore part 2? I hope so!

#143: Bacarri Rambo, S
Too talented of a player to pass at this position. He will learn under Whitner and be his replacement in 2014.

#164: Ace Sanders, WR/PR/KR
Replaces Ted Ginn

#222: Braxton Cave, C

#246: Dustin Hopkins, K

#252: Jason Weaver, OT

There it is. I debated on going with Xavier Rhodes in the first and then getting a safety like Reid, Cyprien or Thomas later, but I just liked Vacarro more.

Let me know what you think. I know it's a lot of trades, but I did it for fun with the thought that we are not going to draft 14 players.
2 many safeties to trade up for Vacarro I like him but he is NOT a dynamic playmaker like Tavon Austin
lot of talent there, good draft ....I doubt we will trade for a lower 1st rounder? ...but then again , who knows what our F.O is thinking? ..I bet they grab a player NOBODY thought we were targeting ..ala Aldon Smith .....I hope we land Cornelius Washington and Zack Ertz, two players that will contribute from day one
Just curious, you said Buffalo was the needy team needing to get back in the first round for a QB, but you had us trade with Chicago
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Just curious, you said Buffalo was the needy team needing to get back in the first round for a QB, but you had us trade with Chicago

The Chicago trade was us getting #20, the Bills trade gets them #31 so they can nab the last QB ahead of Jacksonville and Arizona
I don't like Ertz or Hunt, but I love getting Vaccaro and Rambo. I may copy you and add Rambo to my own mock (I've already traded up for Vaccaro!).
I think if we trade up it should be for D-line help to many good SS/FS in this draft not to much different from #1 to #2 in rating.... hate tha hunt pick cause he's a old N to raw rookie.. Rhodes is my favorite CB wouldn't mind a trade up for him but I think he'll go 10-15 picks so probably cost to much to get him...
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
The Chicago trade was us getting #20, the Bills trade gets them #31 so they can nab the last QB ahead of Jacksonville and Arizona

wow I must have reading comp. problems haha.. but yeah I like this mock a lot.. I'm not a big fan of Margus Hunt because of his age and because his is so raw, but if he falls that far, I'm all for it!
That's a lot of movement, but I like the picks. Just a couple of changes I would make.

Braxton Cave looked horrible at the Senior Bowl when matched against top competition. I would rather take a CB like Rod Sweeting or Micah Hyde a that point over a turnstile like Cave. Niners will have two comp picks in the 7th round. Maybe a super sleeper like Courtney Gardner WR Sierra College to cap it off.
like the idea of if we trade up, then trade down from 31

I think the WZ is too fixated on defensive selections. Up until injuries to the Smith bros. and then Ahmad, the defense was great last year. If the Niners sign Nnamdi, the starting FS would probably be Culliver.
I hope Baalke drafts I guy I know next to nothing about so the zone can implode and he can go to be a dynamic player.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I think the WZ is too fixated on defensive selections. Up until injuries to the Smith bros. and then Ahmad, the defense was great last year. If the Niners sign Nnamdi, the starting FS would probably be Culliver.

Or spill man whose better than dahl
Bacarri Rambo probably won't make it out of the 3rd round.... let alone all the way to pick 143. He's also more of a FS I believe.
deleted
[ Edited by nannite on Mar 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone