There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why is everyone mocking us the honey badger?

Why is everyone mocking us the honey badger?

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
No its not. To me the whole prejudice because he got in trouble smokkng weed in college is b******t. People do stupid s**t when there in college and when they are young. Alex boone was an alchoholic who changed his ways now hes an idol citizen and football player. News flash people who want to change to make there lives successful change there lives or lifestyle. Matthieu sought out help, did rehab, even has a sponsor for his sobriety. He has also started taking the other steps to changing his lifestyle hes already said a million times he doesnt want to be called the honey badger because that was the old him, him without a happy ending, he wants to go by his real name because hes a chanhed man and wants to be trusted.

Is that a slow clap?

People don't actually change, as much as they replace habits with new ones.
He is reported by tmz that he wants to be a 49er... U can see the video on the site... I think donnatelle likes him he was coaching at the combine and they were seen hugging and talking on more than one occasion. I think Tyron knows something we don't I think hel be a 49er... A lol odd he would go out and say strait up he wanted to be a 49er usually they just say something objective
Originally posted by Mercuryspeed:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
No its not. To me the whole prejudice because he got in trouble smokkng weed in college is b******t. People do stupid s**t when there in college and when they are young. Alex boone was an alchoholic who changed his ways now hes an idol citizen and football player. News flash people who want to change to make there lives successful change there lives or lifestyle. Matthieu sought out help, did rehab, even has a sponsor for his sobriety. He has also started taking the other steps to changing his lifestyle hes already said a million times he doesnt want to be called the honey badger because that was the old him, him without a happy ending, he wants to go by his real name because hes a chanhed man and wants to be trusted.

Is that a slow clap?

People don't actually change, as much as they replace habits with new ones.

People change a lot. Replacing habits can be a total life changing thing. For all we know he could've replaced smoking weed with collecting baseball cards.
Don't they drug test at the combine?

He's clearly put football over weed and I doubt he's doing anything harder.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
The reason they have the honey badger in our mocks is because we need CBs and Punt Returners. He fits both. The question is whether Baalke and Harbaugh think he fits both in the context of the Niners. Mocks are free and cost us nothing, realtime drafting costs millions and victories, and success. So if they bring in a loser because of his drug use and bad attitude then it does not help the team. So mock draft is one thing, real draft is another. We will see if they think he has value for this real team, and not just in pretend.

Fair point, but I'd take BW Webb in the third way before I'd take Mathieu - fills the same void. And you get a high-character leader instead of a risk.

This is a team poised for a super bowl run; we don't want to add a distraction or any negative element to our impeccable locker-room chemistry. Not saying I wouldn't take a gamble on him, just that I wouldn't until his talent relative to players available makes him impossible to pass up. To me, that means late rounds 5-7.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
People change a lot. Replacing habits can be a total life changing thing. For all we know he could've replaced smoking weed with collecting baseball cards.

Baseball card collecting is no joke. The Warriors once drafted a promising young power forward named Ike Diogu. Tragically, he preferred NBA 2K to actually playing basketball.
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
Baseball card collecting is no joke. The Warriors once drafted a promising young power forward named Ike Diogu. Tragically, he preferred NBA 2K to actually playing basketball.

Goodthing our players arent into video games.............oh s**t were screwed.
For me it's not the fact he thought he was above the rules and gave up possibly winning a Heisman, a NTL CHMPSHP, and a high draft pick. He makes splash plays and he can shift momentum of a game. He gives up big plays tho. We don't have the safeties to clean up after him either. Hes short and that alright but hes going against grown men that can bench press him 25 times. He cant even get 4 reps. There's to much talwnt in the 3rs round to use our picks on him. Hes such a wild card so a 4th and beyond Im fine with.