There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why is everyone mocking us the honey badger?

Why is everyone mocking us the honey badger?

Teams are looking for good citizens?
Because it's a sexy pick. People love sexy picks.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Teams are looking for good citizens?

Teams are looking for good players who are not f**kups off the field. Is that better for you?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Because we have a lot of picks and strong veterans so we can afford to take a gamble on a player that could be one of the most exciting and explosive players in the league.
It sounds like he's given up drugs and said marijuana isn't fun anymore.

This is usually when people move on to harder stuff
No its not. To me the whole prejudice because he got in trouble smokkng weed in college is b******t. People do stupid s**t when there in college and when they are young. Alex boone was an alchoholic who changed his ways now hes an idol citizen and football player. News flash people who want to change to make there lives successful change there lives or lifestyle. Matthieu sought out help, did rehab, even has a sponsor for his sobriety. He has also started taking the other steps to changing his lifestyle hes already said a million times he doesnt want to be called the honey badger because that was the old him, him without a happy ending, he wants to go by his real name because hes a chanhed man and wants to be trusted.
No its not. To me the whole prejudice because he got in trouble smokkng weed in college is b******t. People do stupid s**t when there in college and when they are young. Alex boone was an alchoholic who changed his ways now hes an idol citizen and football player. News flash people who want to change to make there lives successful change there lives or lifestyle. Matthieu sought out help, did rehab, even has a sponsor for his sobriety. He has also started taking the other steps to changing his lifestyle hes already said a million times he doesnt want to be called the honey badger because that was the old him, him without a happy ending, he wants to go by his real name because hes a chanhed man and wants to be trusted.

Don't get me wrong. I agree that we all mess up at some point and I could care less if he smokes pot but it will affect his draft spot. Alex Boone did not get drafted and worked hard and look where he is now.
Pick him in the third or we wont get him. Its as simple as that, he wont fall to the fourth round. Deion said he sees something special in this kid and I do too, I want him on our team. At worst, he's a special teamer.
At best, he becomes a playmaking cornerback/safety.
Originally posted by saj4423:
Don't get me wrong. I agree that we all mess up at some point and I could care less if he smokes pot but it will affect his draft spot. Alex Boone did not get drafted and worked hard and look where he is now.

I really doubt this kid doesnt work hard either. And personally i hope is messes up his draft spot because we could use him on this team and the more talent we can add throughout the draft and not the top of the draft makes us more dangerous and make harbaalke look like genuises.
I wouldn't take him until the comp 4th. Comp picks are usually when teams will take a chance on a questionable or injured player eg Broncos taking Mo Clarett with a comp 3rd that one year.

I think our comp 4th is the perfect spot to take Mathieu or Lattimore.
PICK THIS KID UP. When you have 15 picks you can take a risk. This is the year to do it.

Right off the bat the team (HC, Coordinators and vets) need to point out to him people get cut who aren't about the TEAM -- case in point Brandon Jacobs.

I also can see Balkee/Harbaugh cutting him mid season if he becomes a headcase. But personally, I think he has too much upside to not pick him up in the third.
Every single year there are two or three star college players who are going to fall in the draft to the mid rounds due to injury or character concerns. On EVERY teams message boards fans clamor to get these players due to the name value. This year it happens to be honey badger and Lattimore who play two positions of need so the hype around here is even a little extra.

Nothing higher than a third round would be ideal.
The only thing tougher than a honey badger is a honey wolverine. They are relentless. No mercy.
The reason they have the honey badger in our mocks is because we need CBs and Punt Returners. He fits both. The question is whether Baalke and Harbaugh think he fits both in the context of the Niners. Mocks are free and cost us nothing, realtime drafting costs millions and victories, and success. So if they bring in a loser because of his drug use and bad attitude then it does not help the team. So mock draft is one thing, real draft is another. We will see if they think he has value for this real team, and not just in pretend.