There are 221 users in the forums

Why is everyone mocking us the honey badger?

Why is everyone mocking us the honey badger?

What round would you be happy to see us draft him?

Personally, I'm confused as to why everyone wants us to take him. Sure he's a 3rd round talent, but seems to be more of a head case than anyone in the draft, including Teo (who I think will be a good citizen even if he is Forrest Gump.) And its a lot more than just the pot with Mathieu, he just seems a bit off. Confident sure, but doesn't seem like a guy you want as a teammate at all.

I know people think our locker room can absorb problem cases, we gambled on Moss, Boone, Brooks, Braylon Edwards. But Boone was an UDFA. And Braylon and Moss were both bargain bin veterans. Mathieu might toe the party line as a rookie, but the question is, what will he do after he's had success in the league?

Personally, I wouldn't draft him anywhere. Let Singletary mentor him in Minnesota.
I think most people are taking one shot at a high risk, high reward pick somewhere in the draft because we have so many damn picks. Its usually this guy or Lattimore. Clearly they are a risk for different reasons, but risks none the less. I chose fifth...Though I would be ok with 4th, I think its a waste to go after a guy who could be a total wash any earlier. Same with Lattimore, I wouldnt take a guy who wont play this year and may never pan out before round 4.
It all depends on who is still available.

There are always guys who slide for one reason or another and it'll be very interesting to see who might fall into our laps.
jeez, three or four threads on Tyrann Mathieu...
  • mod
  • Veteran
He is a head case... Like a ochocinco or TO type of headcase... Dude is weird, I want lol
I chose third possibly 4th though. i think part of it is Ed Donatell likes the kid, hes pretty damn dedicqted to the game, he determined to play for us and he could fill needs for us whether returning punts playing cb or playing safety. Hes extremely talented. Im more shocked that fans are obsessed with him being a "head case" and acting as if no one on this team has ever acted that way before.
People our now mocking him to us cause tha Seahawks traded for P.Harvin cause Harvin small speedy N shifty they think put a small fast shifty CB like mathieu to cover him ...
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Mar 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM ]
Your thread title doesn't make sense.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Your thread title doesn't make sense.

i think a lot of people around here use mock as a verb as in making a mock draft.. but idk I may have neologized it
Not one of those choices is a possible answer to your question.

I can see taking Lattimore...because he really wouldn't have to play this coming season. in 2014, Gore will be another year older, more wear 'n tear, so that pick makes sense. As for Mathieu, he's a different kind of risk. LSU kicked him off the team last year because of his drug habits...he was also arrested for it. Guess it boils down to Harbaalke being convinced he's a changed man...if so, they might take him, but I'd say no earlier than late 3rd/early 4th rd. A lot of teams will be very leery of him...
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I can see taking Lattimore...because he really wouldn't have to play this coming season. in 2014, Gore will be another year older, more wear 'n tear, so that pick makes sense. As for Mathieu, he's a different kind of risk. LSU kicked him off the team last year because of his drug habits...he was also arrested for it. Guess it boils down to Harbaalke being convinced he's a changed man...if so, they might take him, but I'd say no earlier than late 3rd/early 4th rd. A lot of teams will be very leery of him...

Didn't dobbs get caught smokin weed, what happened to him?
If he's still there a 4th round pick 3 rd round is too early there will be a lot of good talent in the 3rd TE AND NT FOR NINERS .......THEY HAVE HIM GOING TO THE NINERS Because we have so many picks we can take a chance and they asked him who he would want to be drafted by he said 49ers...
Because we have a lot of picks and strong veterans so we can afford to take a gamble on a player that could be one of the most exciting and explosive players in the league.
It sounds like he's given up drugs and said marijuana isn't fun anymore.

I don't think he's a headcase.
I would wait until the 5th or at the very highest the comp pick at the end of the 4th. With teams looking for good citizens it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't get drafted at all.
Share 49ersWebzone