The way I see it, we have 45 guys currently who could be expected to make the 53-man roster. As you know, only 46 are active on game days. If we add a couple more FAs (let's say Woodson and Nnamdi), we'll have 47.
Looking at this roster and assuming the additions of Woodson and Nnamdi, I don't see how any rookie could provide anything more than depth, and it's going to be difficult if not impossible for a lot of them to even be active for games. With a few exceptions, it's difficult to envision who's getting displaced by rookies. We have a ton of talent across the board.
Needs in order of priority...
1. A backup TE... There is a big hole behind Vernon with the loss of Delanie Walker.
2. DL depth... Dobbs, Tukuafu, and Williams are not impact guys. We need impact rotational DLs who could start in the event of injury.
3. FS depth... Assuming we add Nnamdi, we have 5-6 CBs capable of contributing, but we could certainly use a FS to upgrade depth.
4. WR depth... We currently have 5 WRs who are likely to dress for games, but Manningham may not be ready for week one.
5.OLB depth... This becomes a bigger priority if Haralson gets cut. I don't trust Fleming and Johnson to provide much of anything if Aldon or Brooks goes down.
6. K... Obviously, we don't have one right now.
7. QB depth... Need one more guy assuming we don't bring in Josh Johnson.
8. OL depth... Replacement for Leonard Davis. Need a guy who could fill in at tackle.
9. ILB depth... We need another special teams contributor here.
QB: Kaepernick, Tolzien
RB: Gore, Hunter, James, Dixon
TE: V. Davis, Celek
WR: Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Jenkins, Williams
LG: Iupati, Looney
C: Goodiwn, Kilgore
RT: A. Davis
DE: J. Smith, D. Dobbs
NT: G. Dorsey, I. Williams
DE: R. McDonald, W. Tukuafu
OLB: A. Smith, P. Haralson, D. Fleming
ILB: P. Willis, D. Skuta
ILB: N. Bowman
OLB: A. Brooks, C. Johnson
CB: T. Brown, Asomugha?, P. Cox, T. Brock
CB: C. Rogers, C. Culliver
FS: Woodson?, T. Robinson
SS: D. Whitner, Spillman
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Mar 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM ]