LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

CB Nickell Roby from USC

5'8 169lbs....4.53 40........

The seahawks acquisition of harvin has me worried. Harvin and Wilson will be a great duo as their strengths reinforce each others. Wilson is a scrambler and Harvin is a speedy shifty receiver who will have a lot of time to gain separation from CBs due to Wilson's ability to extend plays.

That's where Roby comes in. A CB from USC, roby is very undersized but contains elite coverage ability and plays bigger than he is. If Roby was 6 feet he would be a 1st round choice. I think he would be perfect for covering harvin and other small slot receivers. If Wilson extends plays against us, I am confident that Roby will be able to stick to Harvin like glue

He could be had in middle to late rounds but he is underrated so he could go sooner. Thoughts?
Not opposed to drafting Nickell Robey in the middle rounds. Better cover skills than Tyrann Mathieu and not nearly as much baggage. Not quite as versatile, though, and doesn't have the same nose for the ball.
He'd be a fine pickup in the late 5th or 6th round.......his measurables are going to really cause him to fall way down the draft boards. He's similar to Mark McMillian, also a diminutive cornerback who ended up playing 7 seasons in the NFL and was a solid defensive back in that time.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM ]
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Not opposed to drafting Nickell Robey in the middle rounds. Better cover skills than Tyrann Mathieu and not nearly as much baggage. Not quite as versatile, though, and doesn't have the same nose for the ball.

yea he wont be running any blitzes like mathieu would
he would be niners nickell back
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
5'8 169lbs....4.53 40........

The seahawks acquisition of harvin has me worried. Harvin and Wilson will be a great duo as their strengths reinforce each others. Wilson is a scrambler and Harvin is a speedy shifty receiver who will have a lot of time to gain separation from CBs due to Wilson's ability to extend plays.

That's where Roby comes in. A CB from USC, roby is very undersized but contains elite coverage ability and plays bigger than he is. If Roby was 6 feet he would be a 1st round choice. I think he would be perfect for covering harvin and other small slot receivers. If Wilson extends plays against us, I am confident that Roby will be able to stick to Harvin like glue

He could be had in middle to late rounds but he is underrated so he could go sooner. Thoughts?
Looking at measurables and 40 time alone doesnt impress me but ive seen some usc games and he is a very solid corner. could be a good find
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He'd be a fine pickup in the late 5th or 6th round.......his measurables are going to really cause him to fall way down the draft boards. He's similar to Mark McMillian, also a diminutive cornerback who ended up playing 7 seasons in the NFL and was a solid defensive back in that time.

What he said..............
Share 49ersWebzone