There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which rounds do we trade out of for picks next year?

Which rounds do we trade out of for picks next year?

I am torn on this question, because we need to seriously fill some holes at DB, DE, TE. I can't remember a year where we had so many luxurious options. Our team is loaded with a few holes and upgrades.
Do we need all these picks?
What is the best move for the future of this dynasty?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I wouldn't mind trading away our 1st pick this year for another 2nd round in this year's draft and another 1st in 2014.

That'll give us three #2s, plus the multiple picks we already have in the 3rd...
I don't think you can predict when a trade out or trade up is going to happen. Baalke has shown that he will make a move whenever he doesn't see a player he wants at a particular draft slot. Trying to predict that at this point is an exercise in futility.
Originally posted by 9moon:
I wouldn't mind trading away our 1st pick this year for another 2nd round in this year's draft and another 1st in 2014.

That'll give us three #2s, plus the multiple picks we already have in the 3rd...

That would be kind of a dumb trade for the other team to make.
Trade all our picks this year for picks next year
I think the 49ers are now very good a planning ahead to have talent ready to replace overpriced position talent. 2015 is a big year for us in terms of free agents. If I remember correctly, we have big names of Crabtree, Vernon Davis, Anthony Davis, Iupati all slated to be free agents. So the next TWO years have to be filling the pipe with potential replacements.

At the same time, we have too many picks -- no use drafting players that you are almost sure won't replace the back-ups you already have.

So my guess is that they may trade their first round pick for another second (developmental) player if they can get a good deal for someone needing to pick ahead of someone else for key talent. (I don't think they get a1st next year - we are picking too far down in the 1st - another 2nd would be plenty).

Then I suspect they take a DE, DT, CB, S, WR, TE in rounds 2-3 all as developmental players. They in rounds 4-7 they trade picks unless there there is a key developmental guy there at the above or OLB. I think with Netter, Looney, and Kilgore the 49ers feel set at OL for back-up and replacements if necessary -- a la Boone's development.

I do suspect that they will take multiple guys at key positions for development needs in planning for 2015 -- DE, WR, especially.
Trade #31 + 4th round for #1 next year + 2nd round this year

maybe...

Jets trade up to select EJ Manual at #31 plus our 4th rounder
Niners get Jets' next years #1 plus #39 this year.

We'd have...

#34, #39, #61, #74, #93

Then...

Trade #61 and #93 for #50

We'd have...

#34, #39, #50, #74

Datone Jones, Jonathan Cyprien, Kawann Short, Jamie Collins
we need youth in our defense we need pass rush CBs SS/FS DE N this class is good N deep in them area's.we can't keep trading everything for next yr we're probably looking at another yr of 10+ picks again use what we have now trade up for better players redshirt them this N have starters next yr
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home