LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 456 users in the forums

Justin Hunter - Tennessee

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Why stop at Rogers why not bring in Titus young N everybody that about themselves instead of team first players! !! An there a difference between being a 19-22 yr old playing college ball playing to become a pro millions of dollars payed to u ball player N a regular kid fighting with mommy or a Walmart type job boss ....

Yet you were inquiring about Tyrann Mathieu in that thread (which shows you're interested in him). What's the difference between him being suitable for the Niners but Rogers is not? Only thing I see is Rogers was never arrested for drugs and he actually played football last year. I know which one I'd call a "headcase" if I was going to assume things.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Im not attacking you in any way actually. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were actually older than an 18-21 year old. How would I know one way or the other? My point was you didn't act like a knucklehead when you were younger (Da'Rick's age range)? And just to be clear, I never asked you age nor does it matter. Calling a young guy a head case when you don't know him personally is ignorant imo. You seem a little sensitive though, no need to get upset over a message board post. Just saying to read the book on a kid before you just assume something on the cover.

How do you know hes not a headcase? All reports say he has behavior problems. Nobody has time for that.
Why stop at Rogers why not bring in Titus young N everybody that about themselves instead of team first players! !! An there a difference between being a 19-22 yr old playing college ball playing to become a pro millions of dollars payed to u ball player N a regular kid fighting with mommy or a Walmart type job boss ....

Yet you were inquiring about Tyrann Mathieu in that thread (which shows you're interested in him). What's the difference between him being suitable for the Niners but Rogers is not? Only thing I see is Rogers was never arrested for drugs and he actually played football last year. I know which one I'd call a "headcase" if I was going to assume things.

Stalk much lol just cause I asked a question about a Guy on another thread doesn't mean I'm saying pick him if ur thinking that way I've talked about trufant banks Jones Williams Jenkins Reid Wilcox wow Madden draft for us then lol
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Hunter catchs 80% of his balls with his chest.

Where did you get the 80%?

That is an astounding number of body catches; almost unbelievable in fact

I did a Google search and found only your comment with that percentage.

Here is one reference I found with a percentage.

Tennessee junior WR Justin Hunter led the FBS in "clutch reception percentage" in 2012, with 76.7%.

This means 56 of Hunter's 73 receptions either went for a first down or touchdown.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/23410/tenn-wr-hunter-led-fbs-in-clutch-percentage

If your claim is correct we have a clutch receiver who catches with his body 80% of the time.

Body catching is not good. You would think somebody else would have noticed.

If you are going to give statistics, it would be good to provide a link to your source.
[ Edited by buck on Mar 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Where did you get the 80%?

That is an astounding number of body catches; almost unbelievable in fact

I did a Google search and found only your comment with that percentage.

Here is one reference I found with a percentage.

Tennessee junior WR Justin Hunter led the FBS in "clutch reception percentage" in 2012, with 76.7%.

This means 56 of Hunter's 73 receptions either went for a first down or touchdown.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/23410/tenn-wr-hunter-led-fbs-in-clutch-percentage

If your claim is correct we have a clutch receiver who catches with his body 80% of the time.

Body catching is not good. You would think somebody else would have noticed.

If you are going to give statistics, it would be good to provide a link to your source.

He is a body catcher. Not sure how you can debate that? The scary thing is that most WR's that bust in the NFL were guys who utilize their bodies way too frequently. You can get away with that in college football, it doesn't go so well at the next level.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He is a body catcher. Not sure how you can debate that? The scary thing is that most WR's that bust in the NFL were guys who utilize their bodies way too frequently. You can get away with that in college football, it doesn't go so well at the next level.

Actually, I am not debating anything.

I would like some verification of the 80% stat.

If that stat is accurate, it should be easy to find it out there on the internet.

The NFL is looking for players who catch the ball before it gets to their bodies.

If 80% of Hunter catches are with the body, it seems that would common knowledge, and Hunter would not as high on draft boards as he is.

I'm with Travisty. People are quick to bash Da'Rick for being a "headcase" when all I really heard about was him getting busted for pot.

Also, consider the situation. Getting drafted by a team like the Niners can help keep Rogers in check. We had Moss, a player known to be somewhat of a distraction, and he was quiet the whole season.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I'm with Travisty. People are quick to bash Da'Rick for being a "headcase" when all I really heard about was him getting busted for pot.

Also, consider the situation. Getting drafted by a team like the Niners can help keep Rogers in check. We had Moss, a player known to be somewhat of a distraction, and he was quiet the whole season.

Just so Travisty won't feel alone in this, I'm on board with him also. I actually wouldn't mind the Niners drafting Rogers in a later round and his being mentored by Boldin. I said the same thing in the Keenan Allen thread.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

Just so Travisty won't feel alone in this, I'm on board with him also. I actually wouldn't mind the Niners drafting Rogers in a later round and his being mentored by Boldin. I said the same thing in the Keenan Allen thread.

Boldin would be the PERFECT mentor for Rogers. He'd keep Rogers in line and Rogers is essentially built in the same mold as Boldin.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Actually, I am not debating anything.

I would like some verification of the 80% stat.

If that stat is accurate, it should be easy to find it out there on the internet.

The NFL is looking for players who catch the ball before it gets to their bodies.

If 80% of Hunter catches are with the body, it seems that would common knowledge, and Hunter would not as high on draft boards as he is.

Not a stat. More like an observation. He should have said "like 80%".

He does catch with his body a lot. He's also very lanky for his height. I'd hate to draft Hunter then see him get blown up by Dashon Goldson when we play Tampa. He needs to bulk up and work on catching away from his body.

Too many thing to work on for me to even consider him sooner than a late 2nd round pick.

Boldin would be the PERFECT mentor for Rogers. He'd keep Rogers in line and Rogers is essentially built in the same mold as Boldin.

Except Rogers has much better speed and quickness. His straight line speed is better than Boldin (though not outstanding ~ 4.52 40yrd). But his cone, shuttle, and vertical numbers are insane for a guy his size. One of the top 5 performers at the combine in all of those categories.

Rogers is an all-around freakish athlete, Boldin is just big and strong.
Originally posted by blm7754:

Except Rogers has much better speed and quickness. His straight line speed is better than Boldin (though not outstanding ~ 4.52 40yrd). But his cone, shuttle, and vertical numbers are insane for a guy his size. One of the top 5 performers at the combine in all of those categories.

man, can you imagine drafting a guy that's got the potential of an Anquan Boldin with additional skills like breakaway speed?! DRAFT HIM!
Da'Rick Rogers is better.

As a Tennessee fan I agree with you. I like them both, but Rogers is the better football player. He was great when Hunter went down a couple years ago. Just my opinion.
[ Edited by 9RVOLS on Mar 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM ]
Originally posted by blm7754:

man, can you imagine drafting a guy that's got the potential of an Anquan Boldin with additional skills like breakaway speed?! DRAFT HIM!

Seconded!!
roddy white has a brother?

Share 49ersWebzone