Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 629 users in the forums

John Boyett

Browse 49ers books and videos
also a guy like eric reid can step in and start right away- doesn't look like ed reed or charles woodson are coming to sf. delmas is a possibility but might command too much

Interesting. I wasn't really aware of him. Thanks
I'm a bigger fan of Earl Wolff out of NC State. I think he can be a big-time playmaker, had a really good combine and has a strong work ethic. He was flying a little under the radar until he ran 4.44 and had a 39" vert at almost 6'0" and 210 lbs. He uses good form/technique and has a really good break on the ball. Not a ball-hawk by any means but he has picked off 5 passes over the last 2 years and has averaged just over 112 tackles in that same period. I wouldn't be surprised to see him come off the board in the late 3rd/early 4th.


Wolff will definitely have a chance to start as a mid-round pick. He flashes great quickness to move from two-deep to a single-high look after the snap, as well as pick up vertical routes and stay with receivers in deep coverage. Also a physical tackler coming downhill to attack ball-carriers, breaks down quickly and wraps up the legs of receivers effectively to bring them down quickly after the catch. Stronger backs run through his tackles, especially when he leaves his feet. Fails to make the more difficult interception where he needs to go low or extend from his frame to bring in the ball. Has a little problem getting off blocks when playing around the line of scrimmage as well. I would probably prefer to use that pick on another NC state player: David Amerson- def worthy of a 2nd round. He could easily transition to FS

  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,443
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Interesting. I wasn't really aware of him. Thanks

He was on his way to being a surefire day 2 pick, at minimum a Special teams standout/primary backup with a good chance of starting some day then he tore his Patellar Tendon early this season. Hopefully he has recovered well. He supposedly played with it injured or partially torn more some of 2011 as well so he's clearly tough, it just took a long time for the tendon to finally pop.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM ]
Napa High product
I like him
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone