There are 199 users in the forums

tha best mock draft ur not mocking(updated 4/12)

So a little background on me die hard 49er fan was born N breed a 49er fan real nice to see us coming back to glory just hate all tha d*MN bandwagon wannabe fans jumping on lol that being said I don't watch college ball so I go N read up on guys N make my picks frm that so here's my mock draft ...

Ok so made a trade using what I seen on a few other mock drafts

Trade one is #31,#157#227,N a 2014 4th round to tha Viking for pick #25..

TRADE TWO IS #34,#180 to tha bills for pick #41,#111...

Trade three is #74 to Jacksonville for pick #135 N a 2014 second round pick..did this trade cause I wasn't sure who to use it on ...

#25 first round Datone Jones .. Jones is my first choice N luv to have him ...

#41 second round Eric Reid .. no brainer we need safety help ...

#61 second round Darius Slay...We need a CB bad they need time to develop N brown a free agent next yr N Rogers maybe to much N older to keep around after next yr ..

#93 third round Travis Kelce ... we need another TE so no brainer pick a little worried he might be a head case though ..

#111 forth round Cobi Hamilton ...A WR after thinking about figured its ok to take a late round Guy ...please nothing about D.Rogers if any of u seen me post u know I'm against tha head case...

#128 forth round Quanterus Smith DE/OLB good pass rush help. haha if we get Smith we'll have tha Smith triplets on defense ...

#131 /comp forth round Reid Fragel... A swing tackle which we need badly ...

#135 fifth round Eric Wolff ... another draft gem in my eyes...given a yr or two to learn ..

#173 sixth round T.C Tretter ... O-line help can play OG/C.. I believe he is a under tha radar o-line Guy

7th round comp #246 Glenn Foster ...A development DT could turn into a late round gem

7th round comp #252 Brandon Kaufman .. bigg WR why not it's a comp pick...

So I think that's it yea I know we'll trade N don't need all picks but I'm not sure how trade points go .. so hope u enjoy N have fun picking apart lol
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Apr 12, 2013 at 2:42 PM ]
Nice mock but theres no way trufant is there at 34
Originally posted by Krabernick7:
Nice mock but theres no way trufant is there at 34

Yea probably not think most want banks at 34 N I'm ok with that but Jacksonville is cleaned out at good CB so we may have to trade up to 32 to get banks
How did your heart die?
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
How did your heart die?

Mean I'm a die heart 49er fan
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
How did your heart die?

. Lovin two picks but i gotta agree with the people above. I dont think Trufant will be there.
[ Edited by WhySoSerious on Mar 13, 2013 at 2:18 PM ]
lol
First off, solid mock. But I have a question...

I'm not saying you're wrong (you and tons of other webzoners), but why do the 49ers NEED a big receiver? I'm defining big as 6'3"+ and 215+ which I think is generous. Most times people refer to big receivers they list Marcus Davis (6'4" 232) and Mark Harrison (6'4" 230). Most of the time I hear it's for the red zone. Is there a clear correlation between size and red zone effectiveness? Clearly there wasn't with Moss, but he's old. I wasn't able to find straight up statistics on just red zone receiving TDs, but of the leaders in TD receptions at WR we have: James Jones, Eric Decker, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Marques Colston, Demaryius Thomas, Victor Cruz, Julio Jones, Michael Crabtree, Mike Williams, Santana Moss, Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Torrey Smith, and Randall Cobb.

Of the bolded receivers (the "big" ones) only Brandon Marshall and Marques Colston were drafted after the second round. In fact, every WR on that list was drafted in the first two rounds besides Marshall (4th), Colston (7th), and Wallace (3rd).

This is a bit of an effort in futility because what all these guys have that makes them such threats to get in the endzone is targets...

But my point is, why is there a consistent push to get big receivers on the roster, especially in the mid to late rounds? How does that truly help the team? Are they actually as important as everyone makes them seem to be?
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:|
Mean I'm a die heart 49er fan

I think the saying you're searching for is "die-hard".
Where's your kicker bro?

Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit:

I'm not saying you're wrong (you and tons of other webzoners), but why do the 49ers NEED a big receiver? I'm defining big as 6'3"+ and 215+ which I think is generous. Most times people refer to big receivers they list Marcus Davis (6'4" 232) and Mark Harrison (6'4" 230). Most of the time I hear it's for the red zone. Is there a clear correlation between size and red zone effectiveness? Clearly there wasn't with Moss, but he's old. I wasn't able to find straight up statistics on just red zone receiving TDs, but of the leaders in TD receptions at WR we have: James Jones, Eric Decker, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Marques Colston, Demaryius Thomas, Victor Cruz, Julio Jones, Michael Crabtree, Mike Williams, Santana Moss, Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Torrey Smith, and Randall Cobb.

Of the bolded receivers (the "big" ones) only Brandon Marshall and Marques Colston were drafted after the second round. In fact, every WR on that list was drafted in the first two rounds besides Marshall (4th), Colston (7th), and Wallace (3rd).

This is a bit of an effort in futility because what all these guys have that makes them such threats to get in the endzone is targets...

But my point is, why is there a consistent push to get big receivers on the roster, especially in the mid to late rounds? How does that truly help the team? Are they actually as important as everyone makes them seem to be?

I mean bigg as in size a 6'3 + WR. we gotta remember Seahawks have 6'2 + CBs ..we have short shifty guys in Williams N Jenkins (I think )we need some height to help balance us out
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Where's your kicker bro?

Good looking out I totally forgot a 5th round pick lol fixing now thank
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

I mean bigg as in size a 6'3 + WR. we gotta remember Seahawks have 6'2 + CBs ..we have short shifty guys in Williams N Jenkins (I think )we need some height to help balance us out

I understand that you mean big as in 6'3" + as I said in the comment. I just don't necessarily think getting bigger is equivalent to getting better, at least at WR. Or at least I don't understand valuing a guy simply based on size alone at the receiver position. I don't think the answer to beating Sherman and Browner is to try to throw bigger receivers at them. In fact, if you look at the receivers who had any kind of success against them you had Larry Fitzgerald (63 yds week 1), Miles Austin (63 week 2), Wes Welker (138 wk 6), Titus Young (100 wk 8), Davone Bess (129 wk 12), Brandon Marshall (165 wk 13), Stevie Johnson (105 wk 15) and Crabs (65 wk 16). The most impressive numbers all come from smaller guys, minus Brandon Marshall, who is simply force fed the ball at all times.

If anything, I think we should be focusing on getting faster on the outside and upgrading the slot. The slot is the key to opening up the passing game against the Seahawks as the success of Welker, Bess, Young, and to a lesser degree Crabtree and Johnson (who both move inside sometimes) show.

Sherman and Browner make a living off of playing physical and handsy at the line. I don't think the answer is to get bigger to make that easier for them, but to get quicker and make it more difficult to be pressed off the line. It's about initial burst and get off and short area quickness to release and get away from their hands or force them to grab jersey and make a call easier.
I like alot of your picks. Especially the early round ones
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

I understand that you mean big as in 6'3" + as I said in the comment. I just don't necessarily think getting bigger is equivalent to getting better, at least at WR. Or at least I don't understand valuing a guy simply based on size alone at the receiver position. I don't think the answer to beating Sherman and Browner is to try to throw bigger receivers at them. In fact, if you look at the receivers who had any kind of success against them you had Larry Fitzgerald (63 yds week 1), Miles Austin (63 week 2), Wes Welker (138 wk 6), Titus Young (100 wk 8), Davone Bess (129 wk 12), Brandon Marshall (165 wk 13), Stevie Johnson (105 wk 15) and Crabs (65 wk 16). The most impressive numbers all come from smaller guys, minus Brandon Marshall, who is simply force fed the ball at all times.

If anything, I think we should be focusing on getting faster on the outside and upgrading the slot. The slot is the key to opening up the passing game against the Seahawks as the success of Welker, Bess, Young, and to a lesser degree Crabtree and Johnson (who both move inside sometimes) show.

Sherman and Browner make a living off of playing physical and handsy at the line. I don't think the answer is to get bigger to make that easier for them, but to get quicker and make it more difficult to be pressed off the line. It's about initial burst and get off and short area quickness to release and get away from their hands or force them to grab jersey and make a call easier.

D*MN bigg ups to u dude u do alot research I get what ur saying N its just me seeing our smaller W getting pushed around like kids that I'd luv a few bigg dudes out there to push N hand slip back lol
Share 49ersWebzone